REC: Pasta thingies and gorgonzola sauce

Curly Sue

Guest
I don't have a name for the pasta and since the goal will be to avoid
this particular shape in the future, I don't think I'll name them :>

The sauce came out fine, though. About 1/3 c heavy cream, simmering, add about 1/4 c chopped
gorgonzola. Melt while stirring. Simmer on low, stirring, until reduced a bit. Add pasta.

What happened with the pasta: I started out making fresh pasta in the Cuisinart extruder, which
when operated properly makes good pasta. I was not really paying attention, multitasking. The dough
mixed for 3
min. It seemed rather tight so I added a bit of water. After that was incorporated, I tried a
"mystery die" (i.e., it was not listed in the manual with what it makes). What came out were
pasta stumps. I changed the die to "fat spaghetti," since the dough seemed too stiff for
hollow pasta or thin pasta. As the strings extruded I cut the pieces off at 2-3". I made
enough for one serving then threw out the rest of the dough.

The cooked pasta was... al chewy.

"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't have a name for the pasta and since the goal will be to avoid this particular shape in the
> future, I don't think I'll name them :>
>
> The sauce came out fine, though. About 1/3 c heavy cream, simmering, add about 1/4 c chopped
> gorgonzola. Melt while stirring. Simmer on low, stirring, until reduced a bit. Add pasta.
<snip>

This is close to my evening meal last night. I sautéed some prosciutto in butter first then added
the cream, gorgonzola, salt and pepper. After reducing a bit, I added a pinch of nutmeg. I served it
with penne. A little rich, but good.

Charlie