REC: Pork Stew

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Ranger, Dec 12, 2005.

  1. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Pork Stew

    Ingredients:
    1 Tbs. OO (Olive Oil)
    2 lb. Pork Tenderloin, cubed
    4 large carrots, cut into 1" pieces
    9 "baby" Yukon potatoes, cut in 1/2
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 cup acorn squash, seeded and chopped
    1 tsp. ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp. marjoram (fresh has more flavor)
    1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or a pizza parlor packet
    is a convenient amt.)
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 cup brown gravy
    (1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup flour
    2 cups water, boiling)

    Method:
    Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork cubes.
    In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for broth
    and gravy. Pour into crockpot.
    For gravy, use pan that pork was browned in. Melt butter. Mix
    in flour. Pour in water, stir and reduce.
    Combine both broth and gravy, pouring over items already in
    crockpot. Cover; cook on Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
    Serve with a heavy bread, peasant's loaf or asiago. Serves six.

    Tags:

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Pork Stew
    >
    > Ingredients:
    > 1 Tbs. OO (Olive Oil)
    > 2 lb. Pork Tenderloin, cubed

    Thanks, Steve! Just last night I was thinking about asking whether anybody
    had any tried and true pork stew recipes using pork tenderloin. You read my
    mind.

    What's that about the red pepper flaes in a pizza parlor packet? I've never
    seen that before...is it a regional thing?)
    Chris