REC: Spaghetti Squash Patties

Jennifer

Guest
Spaghetti Squash Patties

A pancake without any starch, these little gems
make great side dishes. You can dress them up
with all kinds of sauces or dressing, but
sometimes they are nice simply cooked in olive
oil and sprinkled with a little salt and coarsely
ground pepper.

6 C spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite
method and separated into strands
4 eggs
2 T chopped green onion or chives
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for skillet

Makes About 30 Patties

Add eggs, onion or chives, salt and pepper to
cooked spaghetti squash. Form into 3 inch
patties. Heat oil in a skillet and cook for 3-4
minutes on each side.

For a different flavor, you can sauté the patties in butter.

Interesting....have you tried adding some meat or cheese? Sounds like some
major possibilities, maybe. Got a rough idea of the carb count?

In news:[email protected],
Jennifer <[email protected]> typed:

Roger Zoul wrote:

> Interesting....have you tried adding some meat or cheese? Sounds like some
> major possibilities, maybe. Got a rough idea of the carb count?

Nope. But the eggs have about 2g for 4.

After that it's just the squash.

So, it's 6 Cups of squash divided by however many patties you make.

Jennifer

"Jennifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> After that it's just the squash.
>
> So, it's 6 Cups of squash divided by however many patties you make.
>
> Jennifer

Fitday claims one cup of cooked spaghetti squash has 10g carb - 2g fiber.
I made the squash with spaghetti sauce and meatballs. It was good, DH even
liked it. He said it held the sauce better than real spaghetti.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes