REC: Spaghetti Squash Patties

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jennifer, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    Spaghetti Squash Patties

    A pancake without any starch, these little gems
    make great side dishes. You can dress them up
    with all kinds of sauces or dressing, but
    sometimes they are nice simply cooked in olive
    oil and sprinkled with a little salt and coarsely
    ground pepper.

    6 C spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite
    method and separated into strands
    4 eggs
    2 T chopped green onion or chives
    salt and pepper to taste
    olive oil for skillet

    Makes About 30 Patties

    Add eggs, onion or chives, salt and pepper to
    cooked spaghetti squash. Form into 3 inch
    patties. Heat oil in a skillet and cook for 3-4
    minutes on each side.

    For a different flavor, you can sauté the patties in butter.

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Interesting....have you tried adding some meat or cheese? Sounds like some
    major possibilities, maybe. Got a rough idea of the carb count?

    In news:[email protected],
    Jennifer <[email protected]> typed:
    > Spaghetti Squash Patties
    >

    > A pancake without any starch, these little gems
    > make great side dishes. You can dress them up

  3. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    Roger Zoul wrote:

    > Interesting....have you tried adding some meat or cheese? Sounds like some
    > major possibilities, maybe. Got a rough idea of the carb count?

    Nope. But the eggs have about 2g for 4.

    After that it's just the squash.

    So, it's 6 Cups of squash divided by however many patties you make.

    Jennifer

  4. None Given

    None Given Guest

    "Jennifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > After that it's just the squash.
    >
    > So, it's 6 Cups of squash divided by however many patties you make.
    >
    > Jennifer

    Fitday claims one cup of cooked spaghetti squash has 10g carb - 2g fiber.
    I made the squash with spaghetti sauce and meatballs. It was good, DH even
    liked it. He said it held the sauce better than real spaghetti.

    --
    No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes