rec: stresel-topped sour cream apple pie

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jean B., Dec 18, 2005.

  1. Jean B.

    Jean B. Guest

    Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

    Here is an excellent recipe for Sour Cream Apple Pie, which I
    used to make quite a lot.

    1 9" pie shell, unbaked
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 Tbsps flour
    1 cup sour cream
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp nutmeg (opt; I like it)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 (heaping) cups finely chopped apple

    1/2 cup sugar
    6 Tbsp flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 cup butter

    Bake the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350 F and let cool before
    filling it.
    Combine the 3/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, sour cream, egg,
    vanilla, salt, and beat until smooth. Stir in the apples, and
    pour into partially baked crust. Bake 30 minutes at 450 F or
    until filling's almost set.
    Meanwhile, cut butter into rest of topping ingredients
    until crumbly.
    Reduce heat to 350 F.
    Spread topping over pie and bake another 10 minutes. Serve
    slightly warm or cold.
    Enjoy! Jean B. via rfc

    P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
    cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
    yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
    else is interested, I will do that.
    --
    Jean B.

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

    Thanks for re-posting this, Jean. I appreciate it!

    Carol, thinking of baking tomorrow

  3. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

    Wonderful. This recipe looked so good that I printed it immediately. I
    forgot that I had a piece of HP Deluxe Photo paper in the printer. Now
    I'll have to frame the recipe.

    >Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

    Recipe snipped.

    >P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
    >cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
    >yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
    >else is interested, I will do that.

    I'd love to have this. It sounds lovely.

  4. Jean B.

    Jean B. Guest

    Jo Anne Slaven wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Wonderful. This recipe looked so good that I printed it immediately. I
    > forgot that I had a piece of HP Deluxe Photo paper in the printer. Now
    > I'll have to frame the recipe.
    >

    >>Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

    > Recipe snipped.
    >

    >>P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
    >>cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
    >>yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
    >>else is interested, I will do that.

    > I'd love to have this. It sounds lovely.

    Oooops. I've been busy. Lemme see if I ever typed it up....
    No. I'll try to do it today, if I don't get too bogged down
    in wrapping presents. If I don't post it, please feel free to
    bug me about it. (I have a bad memory!)

    --
    Jean B.