rec: stresel-topped sour cream apple pie

Jean B.

Guest
Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

Here is an excellent recipe for Sour Cream Apple Pie, which I
used to make quite a lot.

1 9" pie shell, unbaked
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsps flour
1 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp nutmeg (opt; I like it)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 (heaping) cups finely chopped apple

1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Bake the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350 F and let cool before
filling it.
Combine the 3/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, sour cream, egg,
vanilla, salt, and beat until smooth. Stir in the apples, and
pour into partially baked crust. Bake 30 minutes at 450 F or
until filling's almost set.
Meanwhile, cut butter into rest of topping ingredients
until crumbly.
Reduce heat to 350 F.
Spread topping over pie and bake another 10 minutes. Serve
slightly warm or cold.
Enjoy! Jean B. via rfc

P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
else is interested, I will do that.
--
Jean B.

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

Thanks for re-posting this, Jean. I appreciate it!

Carol, thinking of baking tomorrow

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:

Wonderful. This recipe looked so good that I printed it immediately. I
forgot that I had a piece of HP Deluxe Photo paper in the printer. Now
I'll have to frame the recipe.

>Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

Recipe snipped.

>P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
>cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
>yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
>else is interested, I will do that.

I'd love to have this. It sounds lovely.

Jo Anne Slaven wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:30:58 -0500, "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Wonderful. This recipe looked so good that I printed it immediately. I
> forgot that I had a piece of HP Deluxe Photo paper in the printer. Now
> I'll have to frame the recipe.
>

>>Jean's Sour Cream Apple Pie (9" pie)

> Recipe snipped.
>

>>P.S. I also have an apple pie recipe that is topped with a
>>cheddar crumble, and which is served with sour cream. It's
>>yummy! I don't seem to have typed it in, but if you or anyone
>>else is interested, I will do that.

> I'd love to have this. It sounds lovely.

Oooops. I've been busy. Lemme see if I ever typed it up....
No. I'll try to do it today, if I don't get too bogged down
in wrapping presents. If I don't post it, please feel free to
bug me about it. (I have a bad memory!)

--
Jean B.