Recap: Toronto Bike Show

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    Another year...another bike show. Jim and I attended the Saturday edition. I noticed that there were
    fewer manufacturers and more bike shops in attendance. We got to see some of the new stuff up close.
    We were supposed to hook up with Mr.Chris and Ratboy, we didn't manage to see them, you can easily
    get lost in that place and never find who you're looking for. We saw a little of the dirt jumping
    contest, the bmx street and flatland contests. The Norco trials team put on an amazing show...as
    usual. We chatted with Ryan Leech (the greatest trials guy in the world) and Kris Holm (the greatest
    unicyclist in the world) for a while after the show. Jim and I bought some bike stuff. We took a
    load of pictures. We'll be posting them soon...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    > Another year...another bike show. Jim and I attended the Saturday edition.
    > noticed that there were fewer manufacturers and more bike shops in attendance. We got to see some
    > of the new stuff up close. We were supposed to hook up with Mr.Chris and Ratboy, we didn't manage
    > to see them, you can easily get lost in that place and never find who you're looking for. We
    saw
    > a little of the dirt jumping contest, the bmx street and flatland
    contests.
    > The Norco trials team put on an amazing show...as usual. We chatted with Ryan Leech (the
    > greatest trials guy in the world) and Kris Holm (the greatest unicyclist in the world) for a
    > while after the show. Jim and I bought some bike stuff. We took a load of pictures. We'll be
    > posting them soon...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Hey,

    I didn't really see much of interest this year at all. Just a bunch of bike shops trying to clear
    out the 2001/2002 bikes and equipment. The DJ and Trials were a nice touch as usual, but the list of
    manufacturers sure did a decline!

    I bought a shock air pump and called it a day.

  3. Mr Chris

    Mr Chris Guest

    hey carla, we tried to find you but the place was packed solid, plus rocky mountain never showed. i
    wonder what happened to them. the bmx was stuff was cool and it seems to get bigger every year
    though the number of manufacturers was down for mountain bikes. balfa did show which was great.
    watched the unicycle 4 cross on the dirt track which was a hoot. oh and bought a park tp#2 tool for
    those special moments.

    mr chris

    > Another year...another bike show. Jim and I attended the Saturday edition.
    > noticed that there were fewer manufacturers and more bike shops in attendance. We got to see some
    > of the new stuff up close. We were supposed to hook up with Mr.Chris and Ratboy, we didn't manage
    > to see them, you can easily get lost in that place and never find who you're looking for. We
    saw
    > a little of the dirt jumping contest, the bmx street and flatland
    contests.
    > The Norco trials team put on an amazing show...as usual. We chatted with Ryan Leech (the
    > greatest trials guy in the world) and Kris Holm (the greatest unicyclist in the world) for a
    > while after the show. Jim and I bought some bike stuff. We took a load of pictures. We'll be
    > posting them soon...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > Another year...another bike show. Jim and I attended the Saturday edition. I noticed that there
    > were fewer manufacturers and more bike shops in attendance. We got to see some of the new stuff up
    > close. We were supposed to hook up with Mr.Chris and Ratboy, we didn't manage to see them, you can
    > easily get lost in that place and never find who you're looking for. We saw a little of the dirt
    > jumping contest, the bmx street and flatland contests. The Norco trials team put on an amazing
    > show...as usual. We chatted with Ryan Leech (the greatest trials guy in the world) and Kris Holm
    > (the greatest unicyclist in the world) for a while after the show. Jim and I bought some bike
    > stuff. We took a load of pictures. We'll be posting them soon...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Sounds like a blast! Wish they had something like that down here. Or maybe they do but I've never
    heard about it. Hmm.

    Your post reminds me that the same day I started trials (or about then) a buddy who I ride XC with
    frequently, bought a unicycle. I'm gathering more trials friends as well so soon we'll have an urban
    assault group that consists of about 5 trials riders, a unicyclist and a couple skateboarders.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  5. Critic

    Critic Guest

    "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hey carla, we tried to find you but the place was packed solid, plus rocky mountain never showed.
    > i wonder what happened to them. the bmx was stuff was cool and it seems to get bigger every year
    > though the number of manufacturers was down for mountain bikes. balfa did show which was
    great.
    > watched the unicycle 4 cross on the dirt track which was a hoot. oh and bought a park tp#2 tool
    > for those special moments.
    >
    > mr chris
    >
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Another year...another bike show. Jim and I attended the Saturday
    edition.
    > > noticed that there were fewer manufacturers and more bike shops in attendance. We got to see
    > > some of the new stuff up close. We were
    supposed
    > > to hook up with Mr.Chris and Ratboy, we didn't manage to see them, you
    can
    > > easily get lost in that place and never find who you're looking for. We
    > saw
    > > a little of the dirt jumping contest, the bmx street and flatland
    > contests.
    > > The Norco trials team put on an amazing show...as usual. We chatted with Ryan Leech (the
    > > greatest trials guy in the world) and Kris Holm (the greatest unicyclist in the world) for a
    > > while after the show. Jim and I bought some bike stuff. We took a load of pictures. We'll be
    > > posting
    them
    > > soon...
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Rocky Mountain was at the Seattle Bike Expo this weekend. Maybe they couldn't afford to do both.

  6. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "mr chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hey carla, we tried to find you but the place was packed solid, plus rocky mountain never showed.
    > i wonder what happened to them. the bmx was stuff was cool and it seems to get bigger every year
    > though the number of manufacturers was down for mountain bikes. balfa did show which was
    great.
    > watched the unicycle 4 cross on the dirt track which was a hoot. oh and bought a park tp#2 tool
    > for those special moments.
    >
    > mr chris

    Talk about being packed! We tried to find you to, its like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I
    wonder what happened to RM. We had a quick chat with the Balfa guy, that french accent made him
    sound so sauve... Jim and I picked up some clothing and a new xc helmet for myself.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  7. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Your post reminds me that the same day I started trials (or about then) a buddy who I ride XC with
    > frequently, bought a unicycle. I'm gathering more trials friends as well so soon we'll have an
    > urban assault group that consists of about 5 trials riders, a unicyclist and a couple
    > skateboarders.

    When I lived in Toronto, Mr.Chris, Ratboy and myself used to join a rather large group of
    urban/trials/bmx/unicyclist/freeriders. Everybody would show up for the rides that used to consist
    of about 20 guys and gals and we would rampage through the downtown area hitting different spots
    until we got kicked out by security or the cops. I have a lot of pictures of those rides that I am
    still trying to find time to put online...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!