Recent major crash photo?

diego

Guest
I was looking for a series of photos of a Pro tour rider kissing the
pavement with his face during the sprint taken within the last month or
so. Seemed like rider was in red (Cofidis?) and turned out okay.
Captured in 3-4 frames with the central shot clearly showing face
becoming one with pave. Sick I know but they were amazing shots and
serve a purpose. Anyone know what I'm talkin about and have a URL?

On Sep 5, 2:38 pm, diego <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was looking for a series of photos of a Pro tour rider kissing the
> pavement with his face during the sprint taken within the last month or
> so. Seemed like rider was in red (Cofidis?) and turned out okay.
> Captured in 3-4 frames with the central shot clearly showing face
> becoming one with pave. Sick I know but they were amazing shots and
> serve a purpose. Anyone know what I'm talkin about and have a URL?

Was it this sequence?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/denmark07/denmark07st01-crash.jpg

[email protected] wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2:38 pm, diego <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I was looking for a series of photos of a Pro tour rider kissing the
>> pavement with his face during the sprint taken within the last month or
>> so. Seemed like rider was in red (Cofidis?) and turned out okay.
>> Captured in 3-4 frames with the central shot clearly showing face
>> becoming one with pave. Sick I know but they were amazing shots and
>> serve a purpose. Anyone know what I'm talkin about and have a URL?

> Was it this sequence?
>
> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/denmark07/denmark07st01-crash.jpg

No but close! The one I saw has a clean straight on shot of the side of
his face pancacked to the pavement.

On Sep 6, 10:13 am, Snack <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Sep 5, 2:38 pm, diego <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I was looking for a series of photos of a Pro tour rider kissing the
> >> pavement with his face during the sprint taken within the last month or
> >> so. Seemed like rider was in red (Cofidis?) and turned out okay.
> >> Captured in 3-4 frames with the central shot clearly showing face
> >> becoming one with pave. Sick I know but they were amazing shots and
> >> serve a purpose. Anyone know what I'm talkin about and have a URL?

> > Was it this sequence?

> >http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/denmark07/denmark07st01-...

> No but close! The one I saw has a clean straight on shot of the side of
> his face pancacked to the pavement.

Gotta be Steels in Qatar:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2007/jan07/qatar07/qatar072/Nic138149

or

http://tinyurl.com/2h6or2

Eric S wrote:
> On Sep 6, 10:13 am, Snack <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Was it this sequence?
>>> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/denmark07/denmark07st01-...

>> No but close! The one I saw has a clean straight on shot of the side of
>> his face pancacked to the pavement.

> Gotta be Steels in Qatar:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2007/jan07/qatar07/qatar072/Nic138149

Yow! hadn't seen that one! Almost exactly what I saw, but the kiss was
larger and very clear. Seems to me it was a major pro race within the
last month?