Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Recent recumbent experiences and related

Started by Tom · · Last activity · 2 posts · 953 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
2 December 2003
Last activity
2 December 2003
Original author
Tom
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
953
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Lars S. Mulford" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Howdy Tom:

    I've read a bit about them but admittedly didn't give them a ton of thought, as my concern would
    be that she'd have a great view of the immediate back of the bike. From what I see on the
    website, the view is better than I thought. I've been waiting to hear from other riders who have
    them so I can have some real time grit on just how well they work or don't. Do you get any
    distortion in the view?

    --
    "Sea" ya! --Lars S. Mulford "You can find evil anywhere you look. The question is, why are you
    looking?"

    "tom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Lars,

    You might want to check out the rear vision helmet that is on the market.

    site: reevu.com (lots of pull down menus)

    I bought one from England last year and still find it works better than all of the rear view
    mirrors i've tried to use on my Vision uss bike.

    Tom H visions r40 and r50 uss

    ********************************************

    ps this is the English distributor I ordered from, easy to work with.

    www.kinetics-online.co.uk NEW ADDRESS: 54 Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1AE tel/fax:
    +44 (0)141 942 2552

    ===============================================================================

    Hi Lars,

    There is a little distortion, but, you need to remember that you can move your head to see the side.

    I really like this helmet, I will say a 2" mirror is better, however I have had little luck finding
    one that works on my USS bike. (problem is the mirror has to stick out quite far for me to see and
    is always getting bumped and changed, also I have a issue with looking down to see the rear, where
    as with the Reevu helmet I just have to glance up to see whats behind me)

    The reason for the suggestion was the ability to move ones head to cover the blind side far
    and up close.

    Tom H

  2. Howdy Tom:

    It's worth checking out. I'm going to contact them for more information specific to my wife's needs
    and issues. Thanks for the "heads up" !

    --
    "Sea" ya! --Lars S. Mulford "You can find evil anywhere you look. The question is, why are you
    looking?" "tom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Lars,

    There is a little distortion, but, you need to remember that you can move


    your

    Quoted message said:

    head to see the side.

    I really like this helmet, I will say a 2" mirror is better, however I have had little luck
    finding one that works on my USS bike. (problem is


    the

    Quoted message said:

    mirror has to stick out quite far for me to see and is always getting


    bumped

    Quoted message said:

    and changed, also I have a issue with looking down to see the rear, where


    as

    Quoted message said:

    with the Reevu helmet I just have to glance up to see whats behind me)

    The reason for the suggestion was the ability to move ones head to cover the blind side far and
    up close.

    Tom H

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.