recessed brake nut?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Lincoln Ross, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Lincoln Ross

    Lincoln Ross Guest

    Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to adapt a regular caliper brake to go on a fork that uses
    a recessed brake nut? Seems like the existing bolt (or whatever you call it) is too long to work
    this way. Thanks
    --
    Lincoln Ross NOTE ADDRESS CHANGE: [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Mark Lee

    Mark Lee Guest

    "Lincoln Ross" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to adapt a regular caliper brake to go on a fork that
    > uses a recessed brake nut? Seems like the existing bolt (or whatever you call it) is too long to
    > work this way. Thanks
    > --
    > Lincoln Ross NOTE ADDRESS CHANGE: [email protected]

    See if you can buy a rear brake bolt for it - they are shorter. Mark Lee