Rechargeable Lights

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Karl Nixon, May 25, 2003.

  1. Karl Nixon

    Karl Nixon Guest

    Recommendations?

    On-line shops?

    Karl aka Stomper

    Tags:

  2. Colin

    Colin Guest

    try www.nemesis.cc, Carl is very good and great price too. Usually if he doesn't have it he can get
    it at a good price too. No I don't work for him either.

    "Karl Nixon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Recommendations?
    >
    > On-line shops?
    >

    > Karl aka Stomper

  3. Colin

    Colin Guest

    try www.nemesis.cc, Carl is very good and great price too. Usually if he doesn't have it he can get
    it at a good price too. No I don't work for him either.

    "Karl Nixon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Recommendations?
    >
    > On-line shops?
    >

    > Karl aka Stomper

  4. A-J-S

    A-J-S Guest

    NOT Planet bike lights. I bought one and while it was very good for the short time it worked it
    wasn't worth it. They had a large number of failures and I waited some months, constantly being
    given dates for my replacement until I finally gave up and got my money back.

    I was not impressed by the Australian distributors attitude or the OS's companies lack of interest
    in this situation. Pity as it was a good light.

    AJS

    "Karl Nixon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Recommendations?
    >
    > On-line shops?
    >

    > Karl aka Stomper

  5. Notziggy

    Notziggy Guest

    For commuting and Audaxing up to 400KM, I found the Cateye Day-Lights excelent. the 2.4W + 10W
    combination is great Enough from the 2.4 to see and be seen. The 10W for downhill and making
    on-coming cars dip their lights.

    Never bought bike parts online so, no recommendations

    Zig A-J-S wrote:
    > NOT Planet bike lights. I bought one and while it was very good for the short time it worked it
    > wasn't worth it. They had a large number of failures and I waited some months, constantly being
    > given dates for my replacement until I finally gave up and got my money back.
    >
    > I was not impressed by the Australian distributors attitude or the OS's companies lack of interest
    > in this situation. Pity as it was a good light.
    >

    > AJS
    >

    > "Karl Nixon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Recommendations?
    >>
    >>On-line shops?
    >>

    >>Karl aka Stomper

  6. troyq

    troyq New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2003
    If you don't mind buying on-line and from o/s... I recently bought some Vistalite Code 15 (5w+10w) lights for $55 USD (85 AUD) from Supergo.com. I believe they are still available...

    Of course it comes with a US charger so i bought a niMH battery and charger from phantom bicycles on-line as well (70 AUD).

    Although i have heard various things about Vistalite products, I have been very happy with it so far...

  7. Tony F

    Tony F Guest

    On Sun, 25 May 2003 07:27:52 GMT, "Karl Nixon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Recommendations?

    Make them yourself! It's cheap and reasonably easy. You'll get great lights and the satisfaction of
    a job well done.

    <Self promotion mode=on> http://www.thefathippy.com

    has various designs I've tried over the years, and links to the creations of others. The MkIVs are
    the easiest to build and as bright as any others I've made. 2 x 20W spots.

    </Self promotion mode>

    Of course, you can use whatever globes and battery type you like, so you could have 6V instead of
    12V, and globes from 5 W to 50W. Add a Lightbrain controller for more complexity, but a whole range
    of outputs, so you can save battery life when bright light isn't needed, and switch to full power
    when it is.

    http://www.phantomcycles.com.au will sell you some readymade lights.

    Tony F http://www.thefathippy.com Blue Mountains mtb rides and homemade bike lights