rechargeable lights

After looking at lighting options, want to choose between vistalights,
cateye or electron rechargable systems. Dont want to spend more than
about £50-60 max - any views on the makes above ? SJS and Edinburgh
cycle have the electron sets at a reasonable price (5W/10W
combinations). Also decided dont want expense of dynamo hub, and hassle
of setting bottle dynamo system up.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:28:25 -0700, anderson47 wrote:

> After looking at lighting options, want to choose between vistalights,
> cateye or electron rechargable systems. Dont want to spend more than about
> £50-60 max - any views on the makes above ?

I'll flog you a set of Cateyes!
Used once on the Dunwich Dynamo. 10W wide and 15W spot.

Email me on jhearns freesolutions net
at dot

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:28:25 -0700, anderson47 wrote:

> After looking at lighting options, want to choose between vistalights,
> cateye or electron rechargable systems. Dont want to spend more than about
> £50-60 max - any views on the makes above ?

I'll flog you a set of Cateyes!
Used once on the Dunwich Dynamo. 10W wide and 15W spot.

Email me on jhearns freesolutions net
at dot

There seems a thread about this every day.

(My Lumi's are on charge. I haven't used my lights for months.)

elyob wrote:
> There seems a thread about this every day.
>
> (My Lumi's are on charge. I haven't used my lights for months.)

2 threads actually.

In message <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:

> After looking at lighting options, want to choose between vistalights,
> cateye or electron rechargable systems. Dont want to spend more than
> about £50-60 max - any views on the makes above ? SJS and Edinburgh
> cycle have the electron sets at a reasonable price (5W/10W
> combinations). Also decided dont want expense of dynamo hub, and hassle
> of setting bottle dynamo system up.

I had a set of cateye rechargables in use for nearly ten years.
I replaced the cable a couple of times (with and built cables),
and the battery twice with a batteries from maplins. Unfortunately
the maplin batteries where did not have the life of the original.

I currently have a rechargable electron bottle cage battery with 5W
lamp. (bought last winter). I find the contact to the lamp unit
unreliable, and the lamp unit is too easy to move vertically. Bumps in
the road move it, and I have tightened the screw.
Additionally I have attached the switch to the lamp unit, to make it
quicker and mount/unmount the lamp. As the bracket is fixed to the
lamp, you have to unscrew the whole bracket (with a thumb screw)
every time you mount/unmount it.

I have never owned vistalights, so can't comment on them.

Martin.

--
Typed by monkey #27662472869676 on typewriter #7552416572242
When emailing me, please include the word Banana in the subject line.