General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Recipe : Easy lamb tajine

Started by Nathalie Chiva · · Last activity · 3 posts · 474 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 May 2005
Last activity
8 May 2005
Original author
Nathalie Chiva
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
474
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Got that recipe from a book I'm using right now by Annabel Langbein,
    "The Best of Annabel Langbein Food for Busy Lives". Great book, no bad
    recipe yet - and I've tried a lot. This tajine is very easy and the
    spice mixture is to die for. I'm aiming for easy recipes right now
    because I broke my leg a month and a half ago, am still in a cast, and
    I have to supervise my darling BF cooking - he hates cooking so he
    wants me to tell him eveything step by step. I can't wash or fry or
    stir stuff, but I can cut and peel, sitting at the kitchen table.

    Easy lamb Tajine
    Feeds 8

    1.6 kg (approx 3.5 lbs) lamb meat, cut into chunks (I used leg of
    lamb, shoulder would be OK too)
    1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    2 onions, minced
    3 tsp ground cumin
    1.5 tsp ground ginger
    3 tsp ground coriander
    1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
    1.5 tsp dried oregano
    Half a liter (1 pint) meat broth
    2 tbsp oil
    1.5 cup dried apricots

    Mix all the spices and herbs, coat the meat chunks with that mixture.
    Heat up the oil in a dutch oven, fry the seasoned meat in batches, set
    aside. Fry the onion till golden, add meat, broth, chickpeas and
    apricots. Bring to a simmer and cook slowly, covered, for at least 1
    hour. Serve with harissa on the side, couscous and string beans.

    Nathalie in Switzerland

  2. Jean B. said:

    That sounds yummy. Thanks. And sorry to hear about your leg,
    Nathalie.

    Thanks! There is hope at the end of the tunnel - next Tuesday the cast
    will be off, and a month later I should be walking normally. Wish me
    luck!

    Nathalie in Switzerland

  3. Nathalie Chiva said:

    Thanks! There is hope at the end of the tunnel - next Tuesday the cast
    will be off, and a month later I should be walking normally. Wish me
    luck!

    Nathalie in Switzerland

    Oh, I do Nathalie.

    --
    Jean B.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.