recipe? jamie?

rosie readandpost <[email protected]> wrote:
> since my move, i have not been able to find my tub of chocolate
> protein.
> i want a protein shake once in awhile, and wonder if you would post
> how you make yours out of egg white powder?
> thanks in advance!

I use the egg white powder as protein powder in baking, but not
in shakes.

When I was in OWL, for shakes I used cottage cheese and liquid
pasteurized egg white (egg substitute). The problem is finding
a brand of cottage cheese that isn't too salty. In my region, Oak
Farms or Breakstone are the only ones I find suitable. And you need
egg substitute that doesn't have onion/garlic in it, Second Nature
Eggs fit the bill when I was using it.

I don't think I've made a choc protein shake in years, but occasionally
still make the fruit ones, using Dannon Natural Plain yogurt instead
of cottage cheese on maintenance, and I just use a couple of raw eggs
these days instead of egg substitute (1 in 20,000 as a raw egg risk
is fine with me).

Protein base for all: (about 28g protein, 5g carb)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (rinsed in a strainer, if it has a sour taste)
1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites (egg substitute)

Peach Melba:
4 oz. (by weight) frozen sliced unsweetened peaches (about 6g carb)
dash of DaVinci SF raspberry syrup
2 or 3 packets sweetener
1 cup water
dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)

berries: 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
or 4 oz frozen unsweetened strawberries (about 6g carb)
2 or 3 packets sweetener
dash of vanilla extract (about 1/2 tsp)
1 cup water
dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)

chocolate: 1 tsp chocolate extract, or 1 heaping tsp cocoa
2 or 3 packets sweetener
dash of vanilla extract (about 1/2 tsp)
dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)
1/2 cup water
6 ice cubes

--
jamie ([email protected])

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Have you tried using quark cheese instead of cottage cheese? I use that in
my shakes to add some substance.

AmazingBollWeevil <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Have you tried using quark cheese instead of cottage cheese? I use that in
> my shakes to add some substance.

I'm not familiar with quark cheese, I don't think I've ever heard that
name.