recipe? jamie?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by rosie readandpost, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. since my move, i have not been able to find my tub of chocolate
    protein.
    i want a protein shake once in awhile, and wonder if you would post
    how you make yours out of egg white powder?
    thanks in advance!

    --
    1-24-05
    http://www.infoshout.com/iraq death toll.htm

    Tags:

  2. jamie

    jamie Guest

    rosie readandpost <[email protected]> wrote:
    > since my move, i have not been able to find my tub of chocolate
    > protein.
    > i want a protein shake once in awhile, and wonder if you would post
    > how you make yours out of egg white powder?
    > thanks in advance!

    I use the egg white powder as protein powder in baking, but not
    in shakes.

    When I was in OWL, for shakes I used cottage cheese and liquid
    pasteurized egg white (egg substitute). The problem is finding
    a brand of cottage cheese that isn't too salty. In my region, Oak
    Farms or Breakstone are the only ones I find suitable. And you need
    egg substitute that doesn't have onion/garlic in it, Second Nature
    Eggs fit the bill when I was using it.

    I don't think I've made a choc protein shake in years, but occasionally
    still make the fruit ones, using Dannon Natural Plain yogurt instead
    of cottage cheese on maintenance, and I just use a couple of raw eggs
    these days instead of egg substitute (1 in 20,000 as a raw egg risk
    is fine with me).

    Protein base for all: (about 28g protein, 5g carb)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (rinsed in a strainer, if it has a sour taste)
    1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites (egg substitute)

    Peach Melba:
    4 oz. (by weight) frozen sliced unsweetened peaches (about 6g carb)
    dash of DaVinci SF raspberry syrup
    2 or 3 packets sweetener
    1 cup water
    dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)

    berries: 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
    or 4 oz frozen unsweetened strawberries (about 6g carb)
    2 or 3 packets sweetener
    dash of vanilla extract (about 1/2 tsp)
    1 cup water
    dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)

    chocolate: 1 tsp chocolate extract, or 1 heaping tsp cocoa
    2 or 3 packets sweetener
    dash of vanilla extract (about 1/2 tsp)
    dash of cream (about 2 Tbsp)
    1/2 cup water
    6 ice cubes

    --
    jamie ([email protected])

    "There's a seeker born every minute."

  3. Have you tried using quark cheese instead of cottage cheese? I use that in
    my shakes to add some substance.

  4. jamie

    jamie Guest

    AmazingBollWeevil <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Have you tried using quark cheese instead of cottage cheese? I use that in
    > my shakes to add some substance.

    I'm not familiar with quark cheese, I don't think I've ever heard that
    name.