Recipe: "Long green peppers with feta cheese" (revenge to an "Alienator")

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hi!
smile.png

I thought of posting this recipe here:

"Long green peppers with feta cheese"

Its a really easy and fast recipe and its really delicious. Makes a really good appetizer or a side-salad. Plus it can use the stale bread that is around.

Ingredients:

12 Green long peppers, like these (but -not- the "spicy-hot" ones):

300grams (maybe a bit more) of feta cheese. (try to get the stuff that is vacuum packed and sort of hard and dry)

1 bunch of fresh, (very fresh and good) parsley

60ml of cold pressed super duper extra virgin olive oil (roughly)

You can go organic to all these materials, it wont make the final plate too stuffy, except maybe the feta cheese, you might want to get something "mild".

12 cubes of stale white bread without the crust. (whole meal is ok too but not the one with the seeds inside)

Preparation:

You cut the stem segment of the peppers and carefully remove the seed stem. You shake them to remove any fallen seeds from inside the pepper.

You cut the feta cheese into cubes with a sharp heavy knife (so it wont crumble).

You cut the parsley leaves with a dull knife (so it will unleash more aroma).

You mix the feta cheese and the parsley with a hefty ammount of olive oil (so it will be all covered, plus a bit) but be careful not to crumble the feta cheese or crush the parsley whilst mixing.

You take the 12 cubes of stale bread and you soak them in olive oil.

You fill the peppers with the feta and parsley mix and "seal" them with the olive oil soaked bread.

You drizzle the peppers with some olive oil sparingly.

You place them in a shallow baking tray and grill them (in the above middle position) in the oven, in medium temperature until the peppers are about 1/3 brown on the outside (and the bread going brown and sizzling).

You leave them to settle for 5min.
smile.png

-Note: You can also include some small cubes of fresh (good, sour, hearty and hard) tomatoes in the mix, preferably the small and sour "branch type" ones like these:

Enjoy:

I am giving away delicious recipes!!!
big-smile.png
And where is the "Alienator"??????? Probably spray painting his alu-fork with sultry images!!!
big-smile.png

That sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe, I'll try it tomorrow (next cycling day)
dead.png
grin.png

Nice recipe.

At first I thought the title was to do with an alien having an STD.

Long green peppers = alien penis

feta cheese = STD bacterial infection

Originally Posted by Hillrider .

Nice recipe.

At first I thought the title was to do with an alien having an STD.

Long green peppers = alien penis

feta cheese = STD bacterial infection
You high?
big-smile.png

No I aint high. Thats what the titles subliminal message is saying. Alien penis with a bad std infection.

Originally Posted by Hillrider .

No I aint high. Thats what the titles subliminal message is saying. Alien penis with a bad std infection.
Missed a couple of dossages?
big-smile.png