Recipe: Ranch Style Beans

Melba's Jammin'

Guest
Ranch Style Beans

1 # hamburger
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
16 oz. can drained and rinsed kidney beans
28 oz. can baked beans
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tsp prepared mustard
1/2 cup water

Brown and break into pieces the hamburger and onion soup mix. Add the
beans to that, and add the sauce stuff to that. Bake in a 2-quart
casserole dish for 40 minutes at5 375°.

This recipe is from 1966 -- back then it was called hamburger, not
ground beef. And the original recipe called for a large jar of baked
beans - B&M brand, I presume; that used to come in a jar, IIRC.

I did this in a 3-quart sauté pan on the stovetop at a simmer, stirring
a couple three times, for about 30-40 minutes instead of baking it in
the oven.

It won't win any prizes for fine dining, but it was tasty and
accompanied by a big green salad with a balsamic vinegar and avocado oil
drizzling.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ranch Style Beans

I won't embarrass myself by telling you that I printed this recipe. I did
enjoy your nifty deflection by mentioning the use of balsamic vinegar and
avocado oil. Nice touch! I'm thinking about ground pork and some serrano
chile. Or, I may close the curtains, shutters, lock the door and make it as
written. Served, of course with a special green salad! <grin>

Charlie

In article <[email protected]>,
"Charles Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ranch Style Beans
> >

> I won't embarrass myself by telling you that I printed this recipe. I did
> enjoy your nifty deflection by mentioning the use of balsamic vinegar and
> avocado oil. Nice touch! I'm thinking about ground pork and some serrano
> chile. Or, I may close the curtains, shutters, lock the door and make it as
> written. Served, of course with a special green salad! <grin>
>
> Charlie

Hi, Sweetie!! Happy birthday to you!! Are you behaving yourself on
this celebratory evening? No? Can I come by? "-)
Happy birthday, Charlie! I remember our meeting at Zelt's nearly 7
years ago with great fondness. You're a remarkable individual.
MmmwwaaahhhhhhhhBigSmooch!'
-Barb
--

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Hi, Sweetie!! Happy birthday to you!! Are you behaving yourself on
> this celebratory evening? No? Can I come by? "-)
> Happy birthday, Charlie! I remember our meeting at Zelt's nearly 7
> years ago with great fondness. You're a remarkable individual.
> MmmwwaaahhhhhhhhBigSmooch!'
> -Barb

Charlie, it's your B'day?! Happy, happy, many more. -aem

In article <[email protected]>,
"aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Sweetie!! Happy birthday to you!! Are you behaving yourself on
> > this celebratory evening? No? Can I come by? "-)
> > Happy birthday, Charlie! I remember our meeting at Zelt's nearly 7
> > years ago with great fondness. You're a remarkable individual.
> > MmmwwaaahhhhhhhhBigSmooch!'
> > -Barb

> Charlie, it's your B'day?! Happy, happy, many more. -aem

No, it's not! I didn't correct my info when I was corrected about the
date last year! Whoopsie daisy! His is in June. Too. :)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"aem" <[email protected]> wrote >
> Charlie, it's your B'day?! Happy, happy, many more. -aem

Thank you, but as is now known, it ain't my birthday. I am happy to receive
all the happys I can get though! Barb's good wishes came on a day when I
particularly needed them. Your addition is also a blessing! Thanks!

CG

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote

> Hi, Sweetie!! Happy birthday to you!! Are you behaving yourself on
> this celebratory evening? No? Can I come by? "-)
> Happy birthday, Charlie!

Hee, hee! Thanks again. You can come by anytime, just leave that bothersome
spouse behind. <wink-wink>

> I remember our meeting at Zelt's nearly 7
> years ago with great fondness. You're a remarkable individual.
> MmmwwaaahhhhhhhhBigSmooch!'
> -Barb

Thank you sweets! How could I ever forget it! As I have mentioned before,
you are one of the few people I have met in person who looked exactly as I
always pictured them. I can't believe it has been 7 years! We had a
wonderful time. I was with Jamie, Debra and Mimi at a hotel (the "ladies" in
one rooom and I in the one just below the party animals). Mimi driving!
Golly! We did have some fun!!! Wonderful food too. You were a ball of fire,
though sadly an anti-beet shirter!

Love, hugs and chaste kisses,
Charlie