Recipe: Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese. (Damn Alienator was awful!) :D

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Ok...

Since Alienator finally moved with his Filipino boyfriend to a more "Open Minded", "Rat infested" and "Understanding" place, (with gun violence and exotic diseases), we could celebrate with a summer dish!
big-smile.png

Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese:

Ok, this is a really easy recipe, it doesn't even have too many ingredients... but! The ingredients need to be top-notch!
wink.png

Ingredients:

-About 6 shrimps per person (medium large, fresh! not the frozen stink-fest).
-About 3 large tomatoes for 2 plates.
-Fresh Parsley
-Feta Cheese (the vacuum sealed stuff should do fine as it doesn't have too much water in).
-Pasta (Thin no.3?)
-Salt and Pepper
-A teaspoon of butter (margarine is preferred, or a bit of olive oil)
-Olive Oil (the extra-virgin stuff).

You can go Organic to all the above with no "explosive" effects...
big-smile.png

Preparation:

First clean the shrimp. Lift the head, clean from the inside. Then pull the black cord that is inside the tail. That is shrimp gut and it's very repulsive to bite the tail to find a black cord inside it, (at least to me). If the shrimp is really fresh that should be easy to do.

Chop the Tomatoes (peeled of course) in cubes (small-ish).

Cube the Feta Cheese with a heavy sharp knife so it wont crumble.

Cooking:

Put some olive oil in a a medium-sized frying pan so the bottom is covered and then some. Heat it up in medium-high temperature.

Throw in the shrimp and fry until golden turning once.

Then lower the temperature to medium-low and throw in the tomatoes, a bit later a pinch of salt.

Wait and wait some more, whilst stiring gently (so the shrimp wont break up and the bottom wont burn) until -all- of the tomatoes water is gone.

Add the cubed feta and stir gently once.

Just before switching off the stove, you chop some -very fresh- parsley with a dull knife so it will produce more flavour.

Throw in the parsley, stir once again, gently, so the feta wont dissolve in the sauce.

At the side you cook some pasta until al-dente, you remove and dry, throw some butter (or olive oil?) in the pan, heat it and saute the pasta adding a pinch of black pepper.

Serving:

Serve the pasta in plates, take 5-6 shrimps per person and put them over the pasta, Add a few spoons of the Tomato and Feta sauce for each.

Garnish with some more parsley.

Enjoy!
smile.png
smile.png

(Picture for illustration purposes only, deliciousness may vary according to ingredients, cooking and exposure to Alienator's threads.
big-smile.png
)

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Nice, thanks, Looks really great, and tomato season starts here in a few weeks.

Dont forget to make lots of sauce for the winter...
wink.png
Unless you like the canned ones.
big-smile.png

Originally Posted by danfoz
Looks delicious. You miss him, don't you?

Suuure I miss him.
big-smile.png
(Not...
big-smile.png
)

0.jpg

Funny. The dish sounds good. I'll skip the cheese and shrimp. I guess we'll start sharing recipes here too. Can I order something to go? The bikini shot looks photoshopped.

Thanks for this recipe even though I may have to research what feta cheese is. I'm a shrimp lover though.

This sounds tasty, but I will make it without shrimps. :rolleyes:
I am not a great lover of meat anyway, let alone eating poor shrimps. Makes me sad to even think of that...though I am a huge love of cheese. Any cheese, just bring it on. Well, maybe not every cheese, when I think about it twice. ;) Not this one though:

http://www.nadlanu.com/upload/thumbs/images/articles/2012/12/20/sir_1356039599_670x0.jpg

Have you ever tried such a type of cheese before, now when you mentioned it? And what is your opinion on it?

Yeah I have, but usually the cheaper blue variety. The original green one is more expensive and I think its also from non-pasteurized milk.

You can make a really easy pasta dish with it which is very good! :)

mayasupernova said:
This sounds tasty, but I will make it without shrimps.

The shrimps are kinda essential as this is a shrimp dish. :p :D