recipe software

Douglas Campbell

Guest
Can anyone recommend a program for storing recipes?

On Mon 14 Feb 2005 12:55:23a, Douglas Campbell wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Can anyone recommend a program for storing recipes?

Mastercook and Now You're Cooking seem to be the one's most folks here use.
I use Mastercook.

Wayne

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:09:04 GMT, Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz>
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Mon 14 Feb 2005 12:55:23a, Douglas Campbell wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a program for storing recipes?
>>>

>> Mastercook and Now You're Cooking seem to be the one's most folks here
>> use. I use Mastercook.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>I use Mastercook. I used the trial copy of Now You're Cooking. Well, at
>least I downloaded it. I really never had the time to test it.
>
>Michael

I just ordered the Living Cookbook after comparing the features to
Mastercook and Now You're Cooking. I believe it had a few extra
features that the others did not. For those of you who use NYC or MC,
I'd be curious to know the following:

1. Are fractions such as 1/3, 2/3 , etc. available? I understand the
more common fractions such as 1/4 and 1/2 are included.

2. Is is possible to include both volume and weight measurements in
specific recipes?

The Living Cookbook has a 30 or 60 day money back guarantee and I did
go thru the online tutorial, so I hope not to be disappointed.

Thanks,
Ginny

with respect to BigOven

> >1. Are fractions such as 1/3, 2/3 , etc. available? I understand

the
> >more common fractions such as 1/4 and 1/2 are included.

Yes. All fractions are converted and converted to decimal, scaled,
etc.

When you post recipes to the BigOven.com shared recipe archive (where
other cooks can find, rate and import recipes with each other -- see
http://www.bigoven.com/find.htm), the fractions are posted in text form
with a decimal equivalent.

> >2. Is is possible to include both volume and weight measurements in
> >specific recipes?

BigOven allows you to enter weight or volume measures. At present, it
doesn't automatically convert volume to weight based upon ingredients,
but does let you link up nutritional items to get nutritional content.
About 300 pre-linked relationships are included in the basic program,
so you can get the gram weight immediately for those.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:18:09 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Douglas Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Can anyone recommend a program for storing recipes?

>Now Your Cooking Free trial version at www.ffts.com It imports and exports
>in just about every format you'll ever need.

I can testify to NYC - I had MasterCook for ages, but decided to demo
NYC and fell in love with it. Easiest import/export feature I can
imagine (and, yes, I demo'd Meal Master way back when).

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

I can't answer your question. I am getting desparate trying to respond
to anyone as an exercise for my HNC course.

Ed