Recommend a front light for £20-40

pumpkinteapot said:
I'm looking for a reasonable front light for my road bike, what could anyone recommend?

Thanks
Luke

I have no idea what the pound to dollar conversion is but I just purchased this light for $85 US and I am amazed by the amount of light it puts out. I have no trouble seeing what I need to see. I don't think I could ride fast enough to "over ride" this light. The last ride was about 2 hrs and the battery pack was still putting out great at the high setting. The claim is for 3 hours on high and 4.5 hrs on low. There is a medium setting as well which should yield 4 hours. There are also two flash settings that may have some utility in the summer time when the "dusk" period is extended. The light puts out a fairly broad beam and yet penitrates down the road with usable light 20 -25 meters in front of the bike.

Magicshine 900 lumen Lightset [Magicshine MJ-808] - $84.99 : GeoMan Gear, The best products, the best prices, & Lightnin Fast service!

I have it mounted low on the left fork just below my wireless speed sensor and it doesn't seem to bother the signal to the computer.