recommend any books ?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Mogens Henckel, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I would like to know if you could recommend any books about triathlon...training, equipment
    and so on ?

    thanks Mogens Denmark

    Tags:

  2. Triandrun

    Triandrun Guest

    "Mogens Henckel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to know if you could recommend any books about triathlon...training, equipment
    > and so on ?
    >
    > thanks Mogens Denmark

    The complete guide to endurance training by Jon Ackland is a terrific book

    Also

    The triathletes training bible by Joe Friel Training Plans for multisport athletes by Gale Bernhardt

    And if you're into Ironman.. Going Long by Gordo Byrn here's his website with a cracking triathlon
    forum... http://www.coachgordo.com/cgi-bin/config.pl

  3. MJuric

    MJuric Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:38:35 +0200, "Mogens Henckel" <[email protected]> wrote:

    Traithlete's Training Bible, Joe Friel

    ~Matt

    >Hi
    >
    >I would like to know if you could recommend any books about triathlon...training, equipment
    >and so on ?
    >
    >thanks Mogens Denmark

  4. I second "The Triathletes Training Bible", it's a good book to help you set up a schedule.

    also try: Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way to Swim Better, Faster, and Easier by
    Terry Laughlin

    Serious Training for Endurance Athletes by Rob Sleamaker, Ray Browning

    Optimal Muscle Recovery by Edmund R. Burke

    I have a triathlon-specific Amazon store on my site you can check out:
    http://www.enduranceonline.com/modules.php?name=Amazon

    - Robert Endurance Online http://www.enduranceonline.com

    MJuric wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:38:35 +0200, "Mogens Henckel" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Traithlete's Training Bible, Joe Friel
    >
    > ~Matt
    >

    > >Hi
    > >
    > >I would like to know if you could recommend any books about triathlon...training, equipment and
    > >so on ?
    > >
    > >thanks Mogens Denmark

  5. MJuric

    MJuric Guest

    On 16 Jun 2003 16:51:58 -0700, [email protected] (Endurance Online) wrote:

    >I second "The Triathletes Training Bible", it's a good book to help you set up a schedule.
    >
    >also try: Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way to Swim Better, Faster, and Easier by
    >Terry Laughlin

    I would ditch this one and go for one of his later versions.
    I.E. Triathlon Swimming Made Easy. I believe the One you are speaking of was put in 96 I believe adn
    has since gone thru a couple of iterations, IMO, for the better.

    ~Matt