Recommend basic bike daypack

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Jeff, May 3, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I'm looking for a well made cycling daypack - like a small knapsack with two shoulder straps and a
    waist strap, to keep it from swinging back and forth. I don't need a hydration system pack, or
    anything technical. It's for bike commuting to work. Any specific suggestions for something well
    made? Thanks in advance. Jeff

    for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com

    Tags:

  2. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Why don't you buy a rack, and a pair of panniers. I used to use a pack, but panniers work out much
    better. I also think they are safer than having a pack on your back. The cost could be around a
    $100, but you should make up that with savings in gas. I figure I save by owning one car which my
    wife uses for work.

    Tom

  3. Or a handlebar bag. I have a waterproof Nashbar bar bag with waterproof clear map window on top. I
    use it for camera, passport, wallet, snacks, cable lock, extra clothing, etc. Easy to access while
    riding and unclips to carry with you with shoulderstrap.
    --
    Steve Juniper

    "...we should always worry about the soul of a nation that regards war with childish delight."

    -- Anthony Swofford --

    "mary" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    Why don't you buy a rack, and a pair of panniers. I used to use a pack, but panniers work out much
    better. I also think they are safer than having a pack on your back. The cost could be around a
    $100, but you should make up that with savings in gas. I figure I save by owning one car which my
    wife uses for work.

    Tom

  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    On Tue, 06 May 2003 16:46:18 GMT, "Steve Juniper" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Or a handlebar bag. I have a waterproof Nashbar bar bag with waterproof clear map window on top. I
    >use it for camera, passport, wallet, snacks, cable lock, extra clothing, etc. Easy to access while
    >riding and unclips to carry with you with shoulderstrap.

    yes, that would be a useful accessory but not for job commuting in my case. thanks for the
    suggestion. jeff

    for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com