Recommend basic bike daypack

Jeff

Guest
I'm looking for a well made cycling daypack - like a small knapsack with two shoulder straps and a
waist strap, to keep it from swinging back and forth. I don't need a hydration system pack, or
anything technical. It's for bike commuting to work. Any specific suggestions for something well
made? Thanks in advance. Jeff

for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com

Why don't you buy a rack, and a pair of panniers. I used to use a pack, but panniers work out much
better. I also think they are safer than having a pack on your back. The cost could be around a
$100, but you should make up that with savings in gas. I figure I save by owning one car which my
wife uses for work.

Tom

Or a handlebar bag. I have a waterproof Nashbar bar bag with waterproof clear map window on top. I
use it for camera, passport, wallet, snacks, cable lock, extra clothing, etc. Easy to access while
riding and unclips to carry with you with shoulderstrap.
--
Steve Juniper

"...we should always worry about the soul of a nation that regards war with childish delight."

-- Anthony Swofford --

On Tue, 06 May 2003 16:46:18 GMT, "Steve Juniper" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Or a handlebar bag. I have a waterproof Nashbar bar bag with waterproof clear map window on top. I
>use it for camera, passport, wallet, snacks, cable lock, extra clothing, etc. Easy to access while
>riding and unclips to carry with you with shoulderstrap.

yes, that would be a useful accessory but not for job commuting in my case. thanks for the
suggestion. jeff

for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com