Recommend Wheel Builder?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good wheelbuilder in the UK, preferably South,

    I don't want anything out of the ordinary...

    Record Hubs, Open Pro Rims, DT spokes. I want a recommended builder though.

    TIA.

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

    Tags:

  2. Graham Glen

    Graham Glen Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, MSA <[email protected]> writes
    >Can anyone recommend a good wheelbuilder in the UK, preferably South,

    I can happily recommend bikefix - http://www.bikefix.co.uk, they've built several sets for me which
    have all survived years of commuting + touring without needing re-truing (I weigh about 100kg)

    I am going to get them to rebuild another wheel for me soon, and I will probably get them to build
    me another pair of wheels for my touring bike later in the year.

    Graham
    --
    Graham Glen

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    MSA wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good wheelbuilder in the UK, preferably South,

    > I don't want anything out of the ordinary...
    >
    > Record Hubs, Open Pro Rims, DT spokes. I want a recommended builder though.

    I understand Harry Rowland builds for Roberts. I have a pair three years old and haven't even
    required a touch with the spoke key yet.

    I'm not sure if he has his own website but I found this link

    http://www.rstocker.freeserve.co.uk/harry.htm

    John B