Recommendation for 700c x 42-45 tire for light off-road (fire roads,light trail use)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by SMS, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. SMS

    SMS Guest

    I want a set of off-road tires for my Trek T100 tandem, for light trail
    and fire road use. It's a "cross" tandem, with 700c rims that I measured
    as 20mm wide, and sufficient clearance for pretty large tires if I
    remove the fenders.

    It's got 700x35 road tires on there now. I was looking for something
    around 42-45mm. All I've found so far is the Ritchey ZED Pro
    (http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1740&sku=11023)

    I found one 700c x 45 tire, but it's a studded tire, which I don't want.

    Does anyone know of any other 700c x 42 to 700c x 45 tires?

    Tags:

  2. "SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:unpKe.8421$p%[email protected]
    >I want a set of off-road tires for my Trek T100 tandem, for light trail and
    >fire road use. It's a "cross" tandem, with 700c rims that I measured as
    >20mm wide, and sufficient clearance for pretty large tires if I remove the
    >fenders.

    I really dig the All Terrainasaurus from WTB. I have tires that are a few
    years old and I'm sure are 42 or 45mm. I see they are currently offering
    only up to 38mm, but I'd still recommend 'em. . .

    http://www.wtb.com/products/tires_allterrain.html

    > It's got 700x35 road tires on there now. I was looking for something
    > around 42-45mm. All I've found so far is the Ritchey ZED Pro
    > (http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1740&sku=11023)
    >
    > I found one 700c x 45 tire, but it's a studded tire, which I don't want.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any other 700c x 42 to 700c x 45 tires?

  3. SBC Usenet

    SBC Usenet Guest

    I like BikeNashbar, and I'll bet they are good tires. For tires, I like
    Schwalbe. Marathon plus is what I use, and the Marathon xr is an upgrade
    alternate.

    "Wheels by BFWG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "SMS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:unpKe.8421$p%[email protected]
    >>I want a set of off-road tires for my Trek T100 tandem, for light trail
    >>and fire road use. It's a "cross" tandem, with 700c rims that I measured
    >>as 20mm wide, and sufficient clearance for pretty large tires if I remove
    >>the fenders.

    > I really dig the All Terrainasaurus from WTB. I have tires that are a few
    > years old and I'm sure are 42 or 45mm. I see they are currently offering
    > only up to 38mm, but I'd still recommend 'em. . .
    >
    > http://www.wtb.com/products/tires_allterrain.html
    >

    >> It's got 700x35 road tires on there now. I was looking for something
    >> around 42-45mm. All I've found so far is the Ritchey ZED Pro
    >> (http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1740&sku=11023)
    >>
    >> I found one 700c x 45 tire, but it's a studded tire, which I don't want.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any other 700c x 42 to 700c x 45 tires?

  4. B.C. Cletta

    B.C. Cletta Guest

    > Does anyone know of any other 700c x 42 to 700c x 45 tires?

    BG Rock'n'Road
    <http://www.bgcycles.com/access.html>

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    B.C. Cletta wrote:

    >>Does anyone know of any other 700c x 42 to 700c x 45 tires?

    > BG Rock'n'Road
    > <http://www.bgcycles.com/access.html>

    Michelins go 700-40 then 700-47 if that helps
    http://www.yellowjersey.org/michelin.html

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org