Recommendation for a hyrid for fitness and possible commuting

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andrew Johnson, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. All, I've just splashed out a princely sum of £270 for a TREK HYBRID which I'm glad to say I'm
    happy with.

    A friend of mine has also got the cycling bug but wishes to get a different bike - we're both
    beginners to this cycling lark.

    A budget maximum of £350 - any recommendations?

    Or should my friend get a mountain-bike from cycle king for £140 quid.

    Andy

    Tags:

  2. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Andrew Johnson wrote:
    > All, I've just splashed out a princely sum of £270 for a TREK HYBRID which I'm glad to say I'm
    > happy with.
    >
    > A friend of mine has also got the cycling bug but wishes to get a different bike - we're both
    > beginners to this cycling lark.
    >
    > A budget maximum of £350 - any recommendations?
    >
    > Or should my friend get a mountain-bike from cycle king for £140 quid.
    >
    > Andy

    Which model? Rigid 7100?