Recommendation for speedplay x2 recessed shoes

topaz107

Aug 20, 2004
I'm looking to find a shoe that would fit a x2 pedal, still the pedal/cleat system would be recessed (the height is 11.5mm) , so I can walk without damaging the cleat. Any experiences, or products that might be appropriate?

Thanks a lot.
Julian

topaz107 said:
I'm looking to find a shoe that would fit a x2 pedal, still the pedal/cleat system would be recessed (the height is 11.5mm) , so I can walk without damaging the cleat. Any experiences, or products that might be appropriate?

Thanks a lot.
Julian
I just use the coffee lid cleat covers on my regular road shoes. Seem to do a good job of protecting the cleat and they're easier to walk on that my old Look cleats were.

Dean

topaz107 said:

Thanks a lot.
Julian

You can't get a recessed cleat for the X/2, but it is possible with the newer version of the Speedplay Frogs. Other option is cleat covers. I use them (and, unfortunately, lose them) constantly. Not so much to protect the cleats, but to keep me from slipping; I find naked X cleats to be quite slippery.

Stephen