RECOMMENDATION NEEDED re: sndcanada.com

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Preacher, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Preacher

    Preacher Guest

    Some folks here have recommended sndcanada.com as an inexpensive place
    to buy whey protein, and I'm ready to take the plunge. However, having
    had a REALLY nasty protein shake recently, I thought I'd ask if there
    was a specific company and flavor you recommend (or recommend against).
    I'd hate to have $100 worth of something undrinkable.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. bellfit

    bellfit Guest

    There's a better canadian website:
    http://www.nfsupplements.com/catalog/index.php

    I'm buying stuff from them for more than 3 years.

    I always buy Prolab ProWhey Protein 5lb, chocolate or vanilla - I think
    it's the best value for the money.

  3. Russell Nix

    Russell Nix Guest

    Hi there,

    I just recently had to switch to a new protein supplement because I
    couldn't stand the taste of my chocolate flavored 100% Whey Protein
    supplement any more. (it made me sick to my stomach to even think about
    it)

    I went to my local GNC and explained the problem to them. They
    reccommended Isopure by Nature's Best. I got the No Carb version since
    I'm losing weight right now too. They basically strip off everything
    except for the pure ion exchange protein isolate. That takes out a lot
    of the extra fat and gets rid of that creamy taste. They also sell it
    in single serving glass bottles here in the US for about $2.50 - 3.00
    so you can try out the flavors first and see if you like it.

    Good luck!

    Best regards,
    Russell

  4. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Preacher wrote:
    > Some folks here have recommended sndcanada.com as an inexpensive place
    > to buy whey protein, and I'm ready to take the plunge. However, having
    > had a REALLY nasty protein shake recently, I thought I'd ask if there
    > was a specific company and flavor you recommend (or recommend against).
    > I'd hate to have $100 worth of something undrinkable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I buy Optimum Nutrition from SND. My wife loves it. I started off with
    one from Nature's Best. The smell of the powder was nasty. I'm happy
    with ON 100% Whey.

    -----
    Ed
    http://everythingec.com/startingpoint

  5. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Preacher wrote:
    > Some folks here have recommended sndcanada.com as an inexpensive place
    > to buy whey protein, and I'm ready to take the plunge. However, having
    > had a REALLY nasty protein shake recently, I thought I'd ask if there
    > was a specific company and flavor you recommend (or recommend against).
    > I'd hate to have $100 worth of something undrinkable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Just ordered some Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey protein from SND last
    week and it was shipped out amazingly fast. Placed the order Monday
    night and had the 5lb tub on Wednesday! (And I live a good distance
    away). I'd recommend the Optimum protein as it has digestive enzymes
    added which have really made a difference with digestion and bloating.
    77 servings in a 5lb tub with 23 grams of protein per serving. Tastes
    good too! (chocolate) Try it!

  6. Hammer Girl

    Hammer Girl Guest

    On 7 Feb 2005 14:03:58 -0800, bellfit <[email protected]> posted
    <news:[email protected]> in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    > There's a better canadian website:
    > http://www.nfsupplements.com/catalog/index.php
    >
    > I'm buying stuff from them for more than 3 years.
    >
    > I always buy Prolab ProWhey Protein 5lb, chocolate or vanilla - I think
    > it's the best value for the money.

    Prolab ProWhey is great tasting stuff; strawberry too. :)

    --
    "Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequence. Just do what
    must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness." - George

  7. On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:28:29 +0100, Hammer Girl
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 7 Feb 2005 14:03:58 -0800, bellfit <[email protected]> posted
    ><news:[email protected]> in
    >misc.fitness.weights:
    >
    >> There's a better canadian website:
    >> http://www.nfsupplements.com/catalog/index.php
    >>
    >> I'm buying stuff from them for more than 3 years.
    >>
    >> I always buy Prolab ProWhey Protein 5lb, chocolate or vanilla - I think
    >> it's the best value for the money.

    >Prolab ProWhey is great tasting stuff; strawberry too. :)

    i've been to the sndcanada in brampton. they give 5% if you
    bring your gym membership card. in my search for stores
    around toronto, they are the cheapest i could find.
    ....thehick