Recommendation On Mountain Bikes With Carbon Fiber & Mechanical Disc Brake Under $1k?

qvogiteman

Jun 24, 2015
Just went to trail biking with my friend and I fell in love with it. Any recommendations for mountain bikes that's under $1000 with carbon fiber frames and forks and mechanical disc brakes?

Preferably TREK or SPECIALIZED or anything that's popular or well worth the price.

Why carbon? You can get a new or used aluminum or steel frame hard tail or full suspension bike with disk brakes for a grand - or less.

I doubt that any company sells a carbon mountain bike with mechanical disc brakes for under $1k.

You're a new rider and your looking at carbon frames, not a wise idea. I have seen a fair number of carbon frames break on experenced riders on this year. Also in the price range you are at I really dont think you are going to find anything.

Yeah, not sure if you're going to get a full carbon bike for under $1K. But, if you are patient and willing to continue shopping around, you can find an older frame for under $1k. I got my '07 s-works FSR stump jumper frame for well under a grand. That was last year. But, by the time you buy all the components you'll be well over $1K.

Sooooo, if you are just starting out, you can get an aluminum one for around $1500k used. And do you want dual suspension or hardtail? You can get a brand new Specialized Rock Hopper (hard tail) for under $1K. Check craigslist. I saw a '12 Epic in the KC craigslist a month ago and the guy was asking in the $1600 range.