Recommendations - Cold Weather Gloves/Mits

Maple Tree

Guest
Hello,

I live in Canada, my full fingers cycling aren't making it anymore, I went
to three local bike clothing shops and none of them had very good
gloves/mits and the prices were ridiculous for inferior products.

I would like to have gel in the palms and may be the split mits; however, I
am open to suggestions on this.

Recommendations please, with a link to a store on the Internet I can buy
them for lowest price, if possible, thank you.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I live in Canada, my full fingers cycling aren't making it anymore, I went
> to three local bike clothing shops and none of them had very good
> gloves/mits and the prices were ridiculous for inferior products.

> I would like to have gel in the palms and may be the split mits; however, I
> am open to suggestions on this.
>
> Recommendations please, with a link to a store on the Internet I can buy
> them for lowest price, if possible, thank you.

How cold a temperatures do you want to ride in? MEC is a reasonably good
bet for these sorts of things.

For Vancouver's conditions, the best rainy-day gloves going are the MEC
cycling/paddling gloves. They're neoprene kayaking gloves, but the
cyclists wouldn't stop buying them, so they got rebadged.

In the rain, they'll keep you warm even after they stop keeping you dry.
They're almost too waterproof, and I wouldn't recommend them except on a
day cold enough that wet hands would mean cold hands.

For dry or snowy conditions, there are probably better choices, but they
work fine for me in any local conditions I've encountered, and that
includes a day of heavy snowfall.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I live in Canada, my full fingers cycling aren't making it anymore, I
>> went
>> to three local bike clothing shops and none of them had very good
>> gloves/mits and the prices were ridiculous for inferior products.

>> I would like to have gel in the palms and may be the split mits; however,
>> am open to suggestions on this.
>>
>> Recommendations please, with a link to a store on the Internet I can buy
>> them for lowest price, if possible, thank you.

> How cold a temperatures do you want to ride in? MEC is a reasonably good
> bet for these sorts of things.
>
> For Vancouver's conditions, the best rainy-day gloves going are the MEC
> cycling/paddling gloves. They're neoprene kayaking gloves, but the
> cyclists wouldn't stop buying them, so they got rebadged.
>
> In the rain, they'll keep you warm even after they stop keeping you dry.
> They're almost too waterproof, and I wouldn't recommend them except on a
> day cold enough that wet hands would mean cold hands.
>
> For dry or snowy conditions, there are probably better choices, but they
> work fine for me in any local conditions I've encountered, and that
> includes a day of heavy snowfall.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/
> "My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
> Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

Hi I went to MEC and they did not have anything good, just the Wombat
gloves/mits, which I am not interested in, I am looking for a split pair of
mits with gel in the palms and made by a reputable company. Thanks

> Hi I went to MEC and they did not have anything good, just the Wombat
> gloves/mits, which I am not interested in, I am looking for a split pair of
> mits with gel in the palms and made by a reputable company. Thanks

You're being a baby, a baby with a sense of entitlement.

Furthermore, I have never seen winter gloves with a gel palm.

Try these. Accept my sincere apologies that they are not exactly what
you're looking for.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527534
http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527528
or
http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527525

[email protected] writes:

> Furthermore, I have never seen winter gloves with a gel palm.

Roeckl WATERPROOF? Got mine last week and haven't tried them out yet,
but at least judging by the thickness of the material they should be
good for temperatures well below freezing. Ask again in March...

For some reason Roeckl's website only shows their summer models, but
this is what I'm talking about:
<http://www.rose.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=156&detail=10&detail2=13963>.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> Hi I went to MEC and they did not have anything good, just the Wombat
>> gloves/mits, which I am not interested in, I am looking for a split pair
>> of
>> mits with gel in the palms and made by a reputable company. Thanks

> You're being a baby, a baby with a sense of entitlement.
>
> Furthermore, I have never seen winter gloves with a gel palm.
>
> Try these. Accept my sincere apologies that they are not exactly what
> you're looking for.
>
> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527534
> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527528
> or
> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527525

Hi, I saw those gloves at Bushtaka, again no gel. You might be right that
cold weather split mits do not have gel, but I was hoping someone might
know...

On Oct 15, 4:32 pm, "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, I saw those gloves at Bushtaka, again no gel. You might be right that
> cold weather split mits do not have gel, but I was hoping someone might
> know...

you don't need gel in a heavy winter glove. these are pretty decent:
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...storeid=&pagename=Shop by Subcat: Full Finger

they have way more padding than a summer glove that does have gel.

but if you insist on that ... just buy them big and wear either a
liner glove or even your summer gloves underneath.

"Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >> Hi I went to MEC and they did not have anything good, just the Wombat
> >> gloves/mits, which I am not interested in, I am looking for a split

pair
> >> of
> >> mits with gel in the palms and made by a reputable company. Thanks

> > You're being a baby, a baby with a sense of entitlement.
> >
> > Furthermore, I have never seen winter gloves with a gel palm.
> >
> > Try these. Accept my sincere apologies that they are not exactly what
> > you're looking for.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527534

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527528
> > or

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527525

> Hi, I saw those gloves at Bushtaka, again no gel. You might be right that
> cold weather split mits do not have gel, but I was hoping someone might
> know...

How about a pair of ski gloves that fit Comfortably over your summer gel
gloves?

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Maple Tree" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

> pair
>> >
>> > You're being a baby, a baby with a sense of entitlement.
>> >
>> > Furthermore, I have never seen winter gloves with a gel palm.
>> >
>> > Try these. Accept my sincere apologies that they are not exactly what
>> > you're looking for.
>> >

> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527534
>> >

> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527528
>> > or
>> >

> http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=50&product_id=527525
>>

>> Hi, I saw those gloves at Bushtaka, again no gel. You might be right
>> that
>> cold weather split mits do not have gel, but I was hoping someone might
>> know...
>>

> How about a pair of ski gloves that fit Comfortably over your summer gel
> gloves?

Hi, yes that is possible I was hoping I could get split mits with gel and a
removable insert.

[email protected] wrote:
> now that sounds like something you might find down at the sex-shop

I expect the local LIVEDRUNK representative will have in depth
knowledge of sex shops in Canada.