Recommendations for a nice steel road fork?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Robert Canon, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Robert Canon

    Robert Canon Guest

    Any recommendations for a nice steel road fork? I'm thinking IF but I'm open to other suggestions I
    may not have considered.

    Tags:

  2. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "Robert Canon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Any recommendations for a nice steel road fork? I'm thinking IF but I'm open to other suggestions
    > I may not have considered.

    Why not talk to a steel frame builder like Richard Sachs, Albert Eisentraut, Roland Della Santa or
    Curt Goodrich and see what they offer. After all, if you're gonna spend the money on a new fork, you
    might as well get a nice one made, e.g., something with a nice fork crown....

  3. rcanon-<< Any recommendations for a nice steel road fork? I'm thinking IF but I'm open to other
    suggestions I may not have considered. >><BR><BR>

    http://www,nobilettecycles.com

    Mark Nobilette...custom forks

  4. Todd Kuzma

    Todd Kuzma Guest

    Robert Canon wrote:
    > Any recommendations for a nice steel road fork? I'm thinking IF but I'm open to other suggestions
    > I may not have considered.

    A number of builders can make you a nice fork. However, be sure that the fork is made with the
    proper offset and length for your frame.

    Additionally, it looks like IF only makes unicrown forks. I would skip that and look for a good
    crowned fork as these are generally lighter and ride better.

    Todd Kuzma Heron Bicycles LaSalle, Il 815-223-1776 http://www.heronbicycles.com