Recommendations for good bicycling books.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smokey

does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her husband
larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to everyone
for their replies.

>does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of
>the authors?

French Revolutions:Cycling the Tour de France by Tim Moore is an excellent read
- it is incredibly funny. I would laugh out loud whilst reading it.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

smokey wrote:
> does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
> authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
> barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her
> husband larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to
> everyone for their replies.

Not a book per se, but www.crazyguyonabike.com has 100 journals and counting.

"smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
> authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
> barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her
> husband larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to
> everyone for their replies.

I really like "Metal Cowboy", by Joe Kurmaskie. He is also a contributor to Bicycling magazine, and
I really like his postive outlook on life.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0609809113/qid=1048531883/sr=8
-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-8345975-3019014?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Gary G.

Status
Not open for further replies.