Recommendations for good bicycling books.......

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Smokey, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
    authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
    barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her husband
    larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to everyone
    for their replies.

    Tags:

  2. >does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of
    >the authors?

    French Revolutions:Cycling the Tour de France by Tim Moore is an excellent read
    - it is incredibly funny. I would laugh out loud whilst reading it.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. smokey wrote:
    > does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
    > authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
    > barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her
    > husband larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to
    > everyone for their replies.

    Not a book per se, but www.crazyguyonabike.com has 100 journals and counting.

  4. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > does anyone have any recommendations for good bicycling books about trips and experiences of the
    > authors? i'm not referring to the many "how to" books on the market, but ones similar to the late
    > barbara savage's "miles from nowhere". it's about an around the world tour she took with her
    > husband larry and is a great read for anyone interested in bicycle touring. thanks in advance to
    > everyone for their replies.

    I really like "Metal Cowboy", by Joe Kurmaskie. He is also a contributor to Bicycling magazine, and
    I really like his postive outlook on life.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0609809113/qid=1048531883/sr=8
    -1/ref=sr_8_1/103-8345975-3019014?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    Gary G.

  5. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest