recommendations for shoe covers

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bent4me, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent4me

Bent4me Guest

I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
    looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers or
    at this time light weight hiking shoes. Thanx Marty

Tags:

2. Jkeenan

Jkeenan Guest

When it's 32 or below.....layer with a wicking pairof socks near your feet. The "bootie" will help.
    As to which one....it's that old what's your budget and takes your chereces.

Interestingly, I find my feet "less cold" on a recumbent than an upright because my soles are facing
    the wind. I have a high BB on the V-REX.

Other: Insert those "warmer" chemical thingies under your foot. The new ones are thin. (I'm thinking
    back a year...haven't done any this year)

FWIW

joe 'recumbo' keenan

"bent4me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
    > looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers
    > or at this time light weight hiking shoes. Thanx Marty

3. odd... my feet are the only thing not frozen when I ride at minus 30 C. and I wear Reebok runners
    and wool socks (Power Grips not cleats in Winter). IF my feet do get cold I use Electric Socks...one
    D Cell battery per sock, lasts about 4 hours per charge (rechargeable batteries of course). Oh
    Yeah...I shouldn't need to explain this but I will (since someone asked)....the D Cell Battery is
    worn on a strap at the top of the sock (NOT inside the sock where your toes go)... sheeesh!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    "bent4me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
    > looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers

4. La

La Guest

I took the advice from this group and wore my Hind Neoprene bootie for the cold. Previously they had
    been in the rain-only category. I found them great. It tightens up the shoe a bit and feet are
    warmer if blood can circulate so I went to a thin bike sock with plenty of wiggle room in the "foot
    box". Got them last year at REI-online. Of course, I'm in CA and it was a balmy 44F with fog.

Lon HepCat

bent4me wrote:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.