recommendations for shoe covers

Bent4me

Guest
I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers or
at this time light weight hiking shoes. Thanx Marty

When it's 32 or below.....layer with a wicking pairof socks near your feet. The "bootie" will help.
As to which one....it's that old what's your budget and takes your chereces.

Interestingly, I find my feet "less cold" on a recumbent than an upright because my soles are facing
the wind. I have a high BB on the V-REX.

Other: Insert those "warmer" chemical thingies under your foot. The new ones are thin. (I'm thinking
back a year...haven't done any this year)

FWIW

joe 'recumbo' keenan

"bent4me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
> looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers
> or at this time light weight hiking shoes. Thanx Marty

odd... my feet are the only thing not frozen when I ride at minus 30 C. and I wear Reebok runners
and wool socks (Power Grips not cleats in Winter). IF my feet do get cold I use Electric Socks...one
D Cell battery per sock, lasts about 4 hours per charge (rechargeable batteries of course). Oh
Yeah...I shouldn't need to explain this but I will (since someone asked)....the D Cell Battery is
worn on a strap at the top of the sock (NOT inside the sock where your toes go)... sheeesh!
"bent4me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just came back from riding in 32deg. My feet were frozen inspite of wigwam sock liners. I am
> looking at shoe covers and would appreciate any advice. I do not use clipless. I prefer sneakers
> or at this time light weight hiking shoes. Thanx Marty

I took the advice from this group and wore my Hind Neoprene bootie for the cold. Previously they had
been in the rain-only category. I found them great. It tightens up the shoe a bit and feet are
warmer if blood can circulate so I went to a thin bike sock with plenty of wiggle room in the "foot
box". Got them last year at REI-online. Of course, I'm in CA and it was a balmy 44F with fog.

Lon HepCat