recommended motorcycle chain lube?

RonSonic wrote:

> Even without chain grease (which I'm pleased to report almost never touches my
> leg or a nkle) cycling just destroys my white socks. Dust sticks to sweat and
> gets ground into the socks in a way that's as permanent as crud can get. Some of
> the muds and slimes we've got down here stain something terrible.

Have you considered that the problem might be instead:

1. Your washing machine.
2. Your detergent.
3. The water temperature, or your local water supply?

If the muds and slimes stain, you might want to ask, what with? Iron
(rust)? Something else? If you know what it is, then you can choose the
appropriate treatment to get it out. Just plain mud should come out
easily enough in the wash.