recommended spring rate for fox vanilla R rear Shock

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Vilhelm Zsolt, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it out
    yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring on my
    shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if it is
    good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out should i
    change this spring ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Zsolt

    Tags:

  2. Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it
    > out yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring
    > on my shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if
    > it is good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out
    > should i change this spring ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Zsolt

    Depends on the specific bike. Best bet is to try the bike out first, then decide, and if its not
    good then contact the manufacturer and see what their recommendation is.

    Jon Bond

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    I'm 70kg and run a 600 spring

  4. "Vilhelm Zsolt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it
    > out yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring
    > on my shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if
    > it is good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out
    > should i change this spring ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Zsolt

    Hi Zslot! Try: