recommended spring rate for fox vanilla R rear Shock

Vilhelm Zsolt

Guest
Hi all,

I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it out
yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring on my
shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if it is
good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out should i
change this spring ?

Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it
> out yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring
> on my shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if
> it is good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out
> should i change this spring ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Zsolt

Depends on the specific bike. Best bet is to try the bike out first, then decide, and if its not
good then contact the manufacturer and see what their recommendation is.

Jon Bond

"Vilhelm Zsolt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have bought a Vannila R rear shock on ebay. My bike is still not ready so i could not tried it
> out yet. But I would like to make sure that when the bike will be ready i'm using the right spring
> on my shock. This Vanilla is equiped with a 800*183 Spring, is it not too strong ?. I dont know if
> it is good for my 80kgs (176lbs). My riding style is XC and light freeride. Please help me out
> should i change this spring ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Zsolt

Hi Zslot! Try: