Recommended stores in South East England?

Kris Dow

Guest
Specifically in the Reading/Wokingham area, but I am willing to travel a bit if necessary.

I'm basically looking to get sorted out for a bike to use on roads/unpaved bike trails and I haven't
bought a bike in more than ten years (or ridden regularly in about as long :) so I'm going to need a
fair amount of help and guidance.

Also, any particular words of wisdom/bits of kit that are must haves? (I'm looking to spend about
500ukp for the whole lot, and I'd like to get an indoor trainer as well- due to various
circumstances I can't always get out of the house and I'd like to still be able to get some exercise
in when that happens.)

-Kris

Try a posting in uk.rec.cycling - more Brits over there :)

And it's a friendly crowd on the whole :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> Try a posting in uk.rec.cycling - more Brits over there :)

Ah-hah. Thanks. It wasn't showing up on my news server, so I didn't even know the place existed. :)
(Had to have a brief talk with him what runs the server. <g> :)

> And it's a friendly crowd on the whole :)

Always good to know. :) Thanks again. :)

-Kris

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try
SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC
running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best! ---- See
http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

"Kris Dow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Specifically in the Reading/Wokingham area, but I am willing to travel a bit if necessary.
>
> I'm basically looking to get sorted out for a bike to use on roads/unpaved bike trails and I
> haven't bought a bike in more than ten years (or ridden regularly in about as long :) so I'm going
> to need a fair amount of help and guidance.
>
> Also, any particular words of wisdom/bits of kit that are must haves? (I'm looking to spend about
> 500ukp for the whole lot, and I'd like to get an indoor trainer as well- due to various
> circumstances I can't always get out of the house and I'd like to still be able to get some
> exercise in when that happens.)
>
> -Kris

For technical questions about off road bikes or if I'm looking for a source of items I use the forum
at: http://www.singletrack.com Usually get several replies giving different (knowledgable) points of
view, plus frequently the cheapest sources, as lots of contributers seem to work in LBS's and know
of any special offers going. peter