Recommended stores in South East England?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kris Dow, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Kris Dow

    Kris Dow Guest

    Specifically in the Reading/Wokingham area, but I am willing to travel a bit if necessary.

    I'm basically looking to get sorted out for a bike to use on roads/unpaved bike trails and I haven't
    bought a bike in more than ten years (or ridden regularly in about as long :) so I'm going to need a
    fair amount of help and guidance.

    Also, any particular words of wisdom/bits of kit that are must haves? (I'm looking to spend about
    500ukp for the whole lot, and I'd like to get an indoor trainer as well- due to various
    circumstances I can't always get out of the house and I'd like to still be able to get some exercise
    in when that happens.)

    -Kris

    Tags:

  2. Try a posting in uk.rec.cycling - more Brits over there :)

    And it's a friendly crowd on the whole :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Kris Dow

    Kris Dow Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > Try a posting in uk.rec.cycling - more Brits over there :)

    Ah-hah. Thanks. It wasn't showing up on my news server, so I didn't even know the place existed. :)
    (Had to have a brief talk with him what runs the server. <g> :)

    > And it's a friendly crowd on the whole :)

    Always good to know. :) Thanks again. :)

    -Kris

    ------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------- For a quality mail server, try
    SurgeMail, easy to install, fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard PC
    running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best! ---- See
    http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Kris Dow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Specifically in the Reading/Wokingham area, but I am willing to travel a bit if necessary.
    >
    > I'm basically looking to get sorted out for a bike to use on roads/unpaved bike trails and I
    > haven't bought a bike in more than ten years (or ridden regularly in about as long :) so I'm going
    > to need a fair amount of help and guidance.
    >
    > Also, any particular words of wisdom/bits of kit that are must haves? (I'm looking to spend about
    > 500ukp for the whole lot, and I'd like to get an indoor trainer as well- due to various
    > circumstances I can't always get out of the house and I'd like to still be able to get some
    > exercise in when that happens.)
    >
    > -Kris

    For technical questions about off road bikes or if I'm looking for a source of items I use the forum
    at: http://www.singletrack.com Usually get several replies giving different (knowledgable) points of
    view, plus frequently the cheapest sources, as lots of contributers seem to work in LBS's and know
    of any special offers going. peter