Record triple BB question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tony The Tiger, Mar 25, 2003.

  1. Am currently running a Veloce triple with 111mm ACH Campy BB. Will a record triple crankset fit on
    this, or do I really need to spring for the 111mm asymetric Record BB as Campy claims? Bike is a
    C'dale CAAD
    5. Thanks, TG

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "tony the tiger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Am currently running a Veloce triple with 111mm ACH Campy BB. Will a record triple crankset fit on
    > this, or do I really need to spring for the 111mm asymetric Record BB as Campy claims? Bike is a
    > C'dale CAAD
    > 5.

    A crank will be a full 5mm farther right on a Veloce 111 than on the Record Triple BB. (on any
    bicycle, Cannondale or not!)

  3. tgeraci-<< Am currently running a Veloce triple with 111mm ACH Campy BB. Will a record triple
    crankset fit on this, or do I really need to spring for the 111mm asymetric Record BB as
    Campy claims?

    Answer is it depends. May be able to use a 111mm or 115.5mm ACH with a Record triple crank but may
    not have enough spindle end for the crank, for clearance and fder inward travel. BTW-there is a
    Chorus triple BB as well...