Recording workout metrics

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Jay D., Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Jay D.

    Jay D. Guest

    As I sat there looking at a multicolor graph of my run
    mileage vs. months by year, it occurred to me that I'm
    having an awful lot of fun recording and crunching the
    metrics I record during my workouts.

    I was wondering what metrics people record when they train.
    When you analyze your workout data, what queries do you run?

    - JayD.

    Tags:

  2. Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem Guest

    "Jay D." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As I sat there looking at a multicolor graph of my run
    > mileage vs. months
    by
    > year, it occurred to me that I'm having an awful lot of
    > fun recording and crunching the metrics I record during my
    > workouts.
    >

    > I was wondering what metrics people record when they
    > train. When you analyze your workout data, what queries do
    > you run?

    I like to compare aveHR against runs over the same course
    (or similar course of similar distance) from the past. A
    drop in aveHR should mean a gain in fitness.

    --
    Brian Wakem

  3. Well, at least when Mr. Excitement is home "crunching the
    metrics", he's not out in the general population, bothering
    the lucid.

  4. Jay D.

    Jay D. Guest

    "Miss Anne Thrope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, at least when Mr. Excitement is home "crunching the
    > metrics", he's not out in the general population,
    > bothering the lucid.

    Count yourself lucky that one of my hobbies keeps me out of
    the general pop for a whole 5 minutes a day. Lord knows what
    the likes of me might cause if I were to run amuck directly
    following a workout session. I can picture women and
    children crossing the street, bank guards nervously thumbing
    their holstered weapons and small business owners closing up
    shop early. Or maybe it would just make me five minutes
    earlier for dinner.

    Running is one of my greatest joys, it is my stress reliever
    and it keeps me looking the way that I do. Analyzing my run
    metrics allows me to train smarter, assists in avoiding
    injury and and lets me sit back and quantify my hard work.
    It think it's time well spent.

    You don't keep track of your run metrics Anne? Not even
    you mileage?

    -JayD.