UK and Europe · Public discussion

Recovered bikes in London

Started by Tony Raven · · Last activity · 2 posts · 367 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 October 2005
Last activity
24 October 2005
Original author
Tony Raven
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
367
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Copied from the Brompton List:

    From this week's Islington Tribune:
    ------------------------------

    "Police find designer bikes

    DESIGNER bicycles were recovered by police who raided a house in
    Edwards Park Mews, Barnsbury, on Saturday, writes Mark Blunden.

    Five of the distinctive foldaway Brompton bikes, popular with
    commuters, were found by officers from Islington police's
    intelligence unit.

    An American-import, yellow-framed Spicer bike was also recovered. PC
    Andy Reeder said: "Islington is shocking for bike theft."

    One owner has been traced but officers are appealing for anyone who
    has had a Brompton model stolen to contact PC Reeder on 020 7421
    0244.

    A man has been arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods."

    I have contacted Spicer Cycles in the US and they they think they know
    who the owner is and are contacting him but if you know someone who
    might have lost a B in London please pass this on to them.

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  2. Designer bikes? I thought they were for riding on.

    Wonder how they got stolen.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.