Recovery Drink?

Hell And High Water

Guest
I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
find them in a while.

Any other recommendations?

I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

thx.

-Bob

Hell And High Water <[email protected]> wrote:
> I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
> find them in a while.
>
> Any other recommendations?
>
> I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Milk? Maybe with a little strawberry syrup?

A nice mango or avocado smoothie is a delectable thing, I suppose you
could throw some protein powder or something in it if you wished.

Beer is of course a perennial favorite as well.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
"The quickest way to a man's heart is with a broadsword."

Dane Buson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hell And High Water <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
> > find them in a while.
> >
> > Any other recommendations?
> >
> > I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

> Milk? Maybe with a little strawberry syrup?

> A nice mango or avocado smoothie is a delectable thing, I suppose you
> could throw some protein powder or something in it if you wished.

> Beer is of course a perennial favorite as well.

If I don't watch myself after a long ride, particularly in hot weather,
I get hellacious leg cramps. Gatorade-type drinks and orange juice seem
to help.

Bill

__o | The American fascist would prefer not to use violence.
_`\(,_ | His method is to poison the channels of public information.
(_)/ (_) | --Henry A. Wallace

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:49:38 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
wrote:

>Dane Buson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hell And High Water <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
>> > find them in a while.
>> >
>> > Any other recommendations?
>> >
>> > I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

>> Milk? Maybe with a little strawberry syrup?

>> A nice mango or avocado smoothie is a delectable thing, I suppose you
>> could throw some protein powder or something in it if you wished.

>> Beer is of course a perennial favorite as well.

> If I don't watch myself after a long ride, particularly in hot weather,
>I get hellacious leg cramps. Gatorade-type drinks and orange juice seem
>to help.

Have some poutine with that beer.

Freshly squeezed fruit/vegetable juices are also good. Apples, beets,
carrots, celery, garlic, ginger, green stuff, sprouts, pears etc.
Throw in some protein powder or a raw couple eggs.
--
zk

Hell And High Water wrote:
> I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
> find them in a while.
>
> Any other recommendations?
>
> I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

Recovering from what? When I used to get hangovers, I'd recover with
huevos rancheros and Dos Equis.

Peter Cole wrote:
> Hell And High Water wrote:
>> I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
>> find them in a while.
>>
>> Any other recommendations?
>>
>> I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...

> Recovering from what? When I used to get hangovers, I'd recover with
> huevos rancheros and Dos Equis.

Speaking as an ex-beer drinker, I would recommend something like V8,
almost no calories, but a fair thirst quencher.
AS an off the wall answer, how about a bottle of liquid protein?
Bill Baka

"Hell And High Water" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I used to use the Power Bar Recovery Shake, but I haven't been able to
> find them in a while.
>
> Any other recommendations?
>
> I'm allergic to chocolate, so I need some other flavor...
>

> thx.

Why not just buy some whey protein and make a shake after your workout?
There are plenty of non-chocolate flavors.