Recovery Drinks/ Citric acid

cessna1

Dec 25, 2004
After years of riding with what I thought was an allergy induced sore throat Ive recenty discovered that it was the acids from oranges,limes and lemon produce. Are there any recovery drinks out there that dont have citrus or citric acid, or am I forced to come up with my own formula of carbs and proteins for long rides.

cessna1 said:
After years of riding with what I thought was an allergy induced sore throat Ive recenty discovered that it was the acids from oranges,limes and lemon produce. Are there any recovery drinks out there that dont have citrus or citric acid, or am I forced to come up with my own formula of carbs and proteins for long rides.

where I live there is a plant that makes citric acid and its from corn, it a stableizer.I dont know if its the same citric acid as you are talking about?:eek:

SICLIST said:
where I live there is a plant that makes citric acid and its from corn, it a stableizer.I dont know if its the same citric acid as you are talking about?:eek:
Thanks for replying.

Actually, now that I have read my question again I wasnt very clear on what I needed. If I were to drink orange juice before going to bed I would wake up with a sore throat. And in the same instance if I were to drink gatorade before going to bed or just during the day casually for arguments sake, I would have a sore throat the next day.
So seeing that both products contain citric Im trying to find a drink for long rides and recovering that dont contain citrus or citric acid. Which I havent had any luck finding, Cytomax, Accelerade they all contain citric acid. But I have found a couple of websites that have recipes for making your own recovery drink and its alot easier than I thought it would be.