Recovery Rides

chuy

May 7, 2003
Monday I did some sqauts, leg extensions, and calf raises. Today (tuesday) I'm somewhat sore and rode around 60-70% of my max heartrate 194, riding mostly on the flats. Should hills >600 seconds be incorporated or should i just focus on easy riding in the flats during recovery rides?

Is there a difference between a recovery ride from lifting vs. recovery ride from a hard ride? Personally, I've never found even modest aerobics to help me recover from weightlifting (as measured by my performance the next time w/ the weights). Of course, YMMV, and it may be useful for performing better ON THE BIKE next time. Try it and see if ithelps/hinders your performance in either activity.

Originally posted by Aztec
Is there a difference between a recovery ride from lifting vs. recovery ride from a hard ride? Personally, I've never found even modest aerobics to help me recover from weightlifting (as measured by my performance the next time w/ the weights). Of course, YMMV, and it may be useful for performing better ON THE BIKE next time. Try it and see if ithelps/hinders your performance in either activity.

riding at an easy rate helps loosen my muscles where as the day after a hard ride they tend to be tight.