Recovery

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Jef, May 12, 2003.

  1. Jef

    Jef Guest

    I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
    I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
    Marathon on Saturday 17 May? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Joel Rose

    Joel Rose Guest

    Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
    > I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
    > Marathon on Saturday
    17
    > May? Thanks.

  3. me

    me Guest

    you must mean the Gulf Coast, i did it too and i ran last night but had to stop at 2.5 miles. good
    luck. i would just rest with little work:)

    On Tue, 13 May 2003 00:32:50 -0400, "Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up
    >> and I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent
    >> 1/2 Marathon on Saturday
    >17
    >> May? Thanks.

  4. Jef

    Jef Guest

    Yes, GCT! I managed 3 miles last night. 10 more in 5 days?

    Come on...somebody must have achieved a similar goal and stumbled across something that worked and
    helped to keep the injuries at bay.

  5. "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Yes, GCT! I managed 3 miles last night. 10 more in 5 days?
    >
    > Come on...somebody must have achieved a similar goal and stumbled across something that worked and
    > helped to keep the injuries at bay.
    >
    > Thanks. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> you must mean the Gulf Coast, i did it too and i ran last night but had to stop at 2.5 miles.
    >> good luck. i would just rest with little work:)
    >>

    >> On Tue, 13 May 2003 00:32:50 -0400, "Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...
    > on
    > Saturday
    >> >17

    I'm sure it can and has been done, but it sure doesn't sound like a good idea. People in who've done
    this in the ast are likely either genetic uber-athletes who are naturally able to resist injuries
    better than most or just plain lucky that they didn't hurt themselves.

    This from someone who's doing a 3.6 mile swim this weekend after doing GCT last. Oh well, at least
    swimming, particularly at the pace I'll be doing it, isn't so hard on the old carcass! I definitely
    wouldn't take on another half marathon this weekend.

  6. Trihard

    Trihard Guest

    easy swimming and deep-water run this week; an easy spin on a stationary trainer if you must. any
    'training' at this point would hurt you more than help. recover and replenish your muscle glycogen
    this week.

    good luck!

    "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
    > I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
    > Marathon on Saturday
    17