Recovery

Jef

Guest
I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
Marathon on Saturday 17 May? Thanks.

Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
> I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
> Marathon on Saturday
17
> May? Thanks.

you must mean the Gulf Coast, i did it too and i ran last night but had to stop at 2.5 miles. good
luck. i would just rest with little work:)

On Tue, 13 May 2003 00:32:50 -0400, "Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up
>> and I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent
>> 1/2 Marathon on Saturday
>17
>> May? Thanks.

Yes, GCT! I managed 3 miles last night. 10 more in 5 days?

Come on...somebody must have achieved a similar goal and stumbled across something that worked and
helped to keep the injuries at bay.

"jef" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Yes, GCT! I managed 3 miles last night. 10 more in 5 days?
>
> Come on...somebody must have achieved a similar goal and stumbled across something that worked and
> helped to keep the injuries at bay.
>
> Thanks. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> you must mean the Gulf Coast, i did it too and i ran last night but had to stop at 2.5 miles.
>> good luck. i would just rest with little work:)
>>

>> On Tue, 13 May 2003 00:32:50 -0400, "Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Maybe scout out a good place to watch! "jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...
> on
> Saturday
>> >17

I'm sure it can and has been done, but it sure doesn't sound like a good idea. People in who've done
this in the ast are likely either genetic uber-athletes who are naturally able to resist injuries
better than most or just plain lucky that they didn't hurt themselves.

This from someone who's doing a 3.6 mile swim this weekend after doing GCT last. Oh well, at least
swimming, particularly at the pace I'll be doing it, isn't so hard on the old carcass! I definitely
wouldn't take on another half marathon this weekend.

easy swimming and deep-water run this week; an easy spin on a stationary trainer if you must. any
'training' at this point would hurt you more than help. recover and replenish your muscle glycogen
this week.

good luck!

"jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I finished a respectable 1/2 IM (my first) on Saturday 10 May and I'm feeling a little beat-up and
> I'm sunburned to a crisp. Any suggestions on preparing (mentally and physically) for a decent 1/2
> Marathon on Saturday
17