Recumbant

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tj Robertson, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Tj Robertson

    Tj Robertson Guest

    How the HECK can you find people to hit the trails with? www.everylist.com
    ---------

    I've always wondered... Do people do recumbants on mountain trails? After Mountain Unicycling, I
    rule out nothing :)

    -x- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com -x- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other
    groups -x- Access to over 700 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month -x- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    Tags:

  2. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    TJ Robertson wrote:
    > How the HECK can you find people to hit the trails with? www.everylist.com
    > ---------
    >
    > I've always wondered... Do people do recumbants on mountain trails?

    Nope. There's no way to get your weight over the front wheel on climbs, no way to hang your butt
    over the back wheel on descents. And mine has little wheels - just the right size to drop into ruts
    and holes. I guess fire roads might be do-able, but since I own a mountain bike, when I go off-road,
    the 'bent stays home.

    After
    > Mountain Unicycling, I rule out nothing :)

    Well, just because something *can* be done doesn't make it a good idea.

    Kathleen

  3. R.White

    R.White Guest

  4. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    "R.White" wrote:

    > "TJ Robertson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > How the HECK can you find people to hit the trails with? www.everylist.com
    > > ---------
    > >
    > > I've always wondered... Do people do recumbants on mountain trails? After Mountain Unicycling, I
    > > rule out nothing :)
    >
    > These guys do.
    >
    > http://cybercondor.free.fr/index2.html

    I wouldn't take my bent off road. When bents go down, it happens quickly.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-