Recumbent bicycle rental in Florida/NC

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Avonelle Lovhau, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. I purchased my first recumbent about 5 weeks ago, and I just love it. I live in MN, but I'm getting
    ready to take a 10-12 day driving trip with my mom to St. Petersburg, FL (with a weekend detour to
    Franklin, NC.) I've been biking almost every day since I got the new bike, and I'd like to go a few
    times while I'm traveling, if possible. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be practical for me to
    bring the bike with us.

    Is anyone aware of any places in either the St. Petersburg, FL or Franklin, NC area that rent
    recumbent bicycles? If I'm lucky, maybe I can even get mom to try out a recumbent!

    Thanks,

    Avonelle

    Tags:

  2. Rodney Kuehl

    Rodney Kuehl Guest

    Avonelle..Last time I looked, these three will rent 'bents.

    Hamptons Edge Trailside Bikes 9550 E Atkinson Ct Floral City FL 34436 352-799-4979
    [email protected]

    Bicycle Outfitters 11198 70th Ave Seminole FL 33772 (Clearwater/St.Pete) 727-319-2453
    www.bicycleoutfitters.net [email protected]

    Power On Cycling 6053 Highway 60 East Dover FL 33527 813-737-3001 www.poweroncycling.com
    [email protected]

    IMHO, give them all a call and see what they have. Start your day very early and be off the trails
    by 1 PM is my suggestion.

    Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Riverview, FL

    "Avonelle Lovhaug" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I purchased my first recumbent about 5 weeks ago, and I just love it. I live in MN, but I'm
    > getting ready to take a 10-12 day driving trip with my mom to St. Petersburg, FL (with a weekend
    > detour to Franklin, NC.) I've been biking almost every day since I got the new bike, and I'd like
    > to go a few times while I'm traveling, if possible. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be practical
    > for me to bring the bike with us.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of any places in either the St. Petersburg, FL or Franklin, NC area that rent
    > recumbent bicycles? If I'm lucky, maybe I can even get mom to try out a recumbent!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Avonelle

  3. Rod,

    Thanks for the reply. I'll make some calls, and hopefully I'll get to do a little riding on my trip.

    --Avonelle