Recumbent clearout.

Jon Senior

Guest
Doing my usual search on eBay I discovered a stack of bents. Not looked
at them all but I did notice some familiar looking beasts. Darth Ben is
having a clearout by the looks of things. There's also a Bob Yak on
there. If I hadn't just built a trailer...

Jon

Jon Senior wrote:

> Doing my usual search on eBay I discovered a stack of bents. Not looked
> at them all but I did notice some familiar looking beasts. Darth Ben is
> having a clearout by the looks of things. There's also a Bob Yak on
> there. If I hadn't just built a trailer...

Oooh, a Windcheetah and an 'X' class. The ***** and the Mistress in one
go....I really must stop fantasising about things I either can't afford
or don't need :-(

In article <[email protected]>, Tosspot wrote:
>Jon Senior wrote:
>
>> Doing my usual search on eBay I discovered a stack of bents. Not looked
>> at them all but I did notice some familiar looking beasts. Darth Ben is
>> having a clearout by the looks of things. There's also a Bob Yak on
>> there. If I hadn't just built a trailer...

>Oooh, a Windcheetah and an 'X' class. The ***** and the Mistress in one
>go....I really must stop fantasising about things I either can't afford
>or don't need :-(

And an ICE Q. At my tryout session with D.Tek Kevin reckoned there might
be second hand ICEs around in a year as people upgrade to custom Trices,
but that's very tempting.

Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Tosspot wrote:
> >Jon Senior wrote:
> >
> >> Doing my usual search on eBay I discovered a stack of bents. Not looked
> >> at them all but I did notice some familiar looking beasts. Darth Ben is
> >> having a clearout by the looks of things. There's also a Bob Yak on
> >> there. If I hadn't just built a trailer...

> >Oooh, a Windcheetah and an 'X' class. The ***** and the Mistress in one
> >go....I really must stop fantasising about things I either can't afford
> >or don't need :-(

> And an ICE Q. At my tryout session with D.Tek Kevin reckoned there might
> be second hand ICEs around in a year as people upgrade to custom Trices,
> but that's very tempting.

Bah and double Bah.. Don't think I can persuade my better half that the
Q NT would be a good idea..

...d

David Martin wrote:

> Bah and double Bah.. Don't think I can persuade my better half that the
> Q NT would be a good idea..

On what grounds?

Pete (worryingly tempted to put in a bid on the SpM...).
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Peter Clinch wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
> > Bah and double Bah.. Don't think I can persuade my better half that the
> > Q NT would be a good idea..

> On what grounds?

Lack of ready finance.. where it would be put.. Unless of course I
could persuade her to go and ride it without seeing the price tag.

Maybe I'll wait till next year's clear out. The KMX might be fun though
and might be affordable.

...d

David Martin wrote:

> Lack of ready finance..

That's fair enough.

where it would be put..

In the garage, of course! ;-) It's only going to stand a little off 20"
from the wall over most of its area if it's parked vertically, or down
from the ceiling if stored high. If the garage is full then Roos might
hire out her clearup service: she made about 30% extra space in ours.

> Unless of course I
> could persuade her to go and ride it without seeing the price tag.

Well, that's what the demo bikes are for. All you need is an excuse for
you both to be over in the Big Weeg with an hour to kill...

Pete.
--

Peter Clinch wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
> > Lack of ready finance..

> That's fair enough.
>
> where it would be put..
>
> In the garage, of course! ;-) It's only going to stand a little off 20"
> from the wall over most of its area if it's parked vertically, or down
> from the ceiling if stored high. If the garage is full then Roos might
> hire out her clearup service: she made about 30% extra space in ours.

Well, I am about to loan the kid trailer to a colleague so that would
leave enough space, and there is the 135 bottle wine rack that I have
never got round to using that can go. A few odd bits and pieces here
and there (outboard motor on stand, bags of plaster that are well past
their best and a few other O's and S's.

> > Unless of course I
> > could persuade her to go and ride it without seeing the price tag.

> Well, that's what the demo bikes are for. All you need is an excuse for
> you both to be over in the Big Weeg with an hour to kill...

Don't think I can get her to Glasgow this weekend.. which is a shame.

...d

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Pete (worryingly tempted to put in a bid on the SpM...).

If you do, I'd just like to apologise for the slight scratching on the
LH brake lever... That would have been the corner / sand mishap!

Jon

Jon Senior wrote:

> If you do, I'd just like to apologise for the slight scratching on the
> LH brake lever... That would have been the corner / sand mishap!

I figure if the bidding doesn't get properly silly I'll put in something
just in case I get it for a (relative) song, without really Going For
It. But if I did get it that way then I'll up the budget with some
Hopes so it wouldn't be a problem in any case...

Pete.
--

Peter Clinch wrote:

> I figure if the bidding doesn't get properly silly ...

yeah cos eBay is famous for its cautious bidding, especially once a
flock of rare machines from a reputable source has been pointed out to
the newsgroup most interested in such stuff. :D

Phil Clarke wrote:

> yeah cos eBay is famous for its cautious bidding, especially once a
> flock of rare machines from a reputable source has been pointed out to
> the newsgroup most interested in such stuff. :D

Indeed. I figure my chances of a bargain SpM are practically zero,
but in a way that's a Good Thing because I don't /need/ one and
could usefully spend a grand on many things which would represent A
Bit More Sense. But it'd be rude not to at least /try/! ;-)

Pete.
--

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Phil Clarke wrote:
>
> > yeah cos eBay is famous for its cautious bidding, especially once a
> > flock of rare machines from a reputable source has been pointed out to
> > the newsgroup most interested in such stuff. :D

> Indeed. I figure my chances of a bargain SpM are practically zero,
> but in a way that's a Good Thing because I don't /need/ one and
> could usefully spend a grand on many things which would represent A
> Bit More Sense. But it'd be rude not to at least /try/! ;-)

Don't say things like that. There I am slowly working the better half
to the idea of a KMX, only to find I accidentally bid on the ICE
instead - maybe..

Don't think that would go down too well. "Can't you just weld one up?"
was her response when I first mooted the idea..

...d

David Martin wrote:

> Don't say things like that. There I am slowly working the better half
> to the idea of a KMX, only to find I accidentally bid on the ICE
> instead - maybe..

Though as of my last check the KMX K was still at the opening price
of £50. Might be too small for Mum and Dad, but certain children I
can think of might find one a Rather Good Toy! ;-)

Luckily (!?) for you the Ice Q seems to be the most popular auction
and is headed steadily up several days before it hits the time
limit, so I think you're probably quite safe there.

Pete.
--

Peter Clinch wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
> > Don't say things like that. There I am slowly working the better half
> > to the idea of a KMX, only to find I accidentally bid on the ICE
> > instead - maybe..

> Though as of my last check the KMX K was still at the opening price
> of £50. Might be too small for Mum and Dad, but certain children I
> can think of might find one a Rather Good Toy! ;-)

That thought had crossed my mind.. There is also a class mate of
Rachels who doesn't have very good balance for health reasons, so that
could be a useful thing to try.

> Luckily (!?) for you the Ice Q seems to be the most popular auction
> and is headed steadily up several days before it hits the time
> limit, so I think you're probably quite safe there.

Shame.. ;-(

...d

David Martin wrote:

> That thought had crossed my mind.. There is also a class mate of
> Rachels who doesn't have very good balance for health reasons, so that
> could be a useful thing to try.

Trying the sympathy gambit won't work in winning against hardened urc
bidders ;-)

--
Tony

Anon