recumbent clipless pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by fadager, Aug 6, 2003.

1. fadager

fadager New Member

I have a Rans V2 and am looking to upgrade to clipless pedals. Are there any recumbent riders out there who can recommend what type of clipless pedals i should buy. I have been looking at Speedplay Frogs and Eggbeaters. I am primarily interested in a comfortable ride for long distances. I'm not too concerned about walking in my riding shoes, so I don't need recessed clips.

Thanks in advance for your help

Gerry:confused:

Tags:

2. Insight Driver

Insight Driver New Member

I have a Bike E and use SPD clipless pedals simply because that's what's on my road bike. My wife uses Speedplay pedals on her road bike as recommended to her by an expert at the local bike shop. She swears by them because they have a lot of freedom of movement, side to side and are easy to clip in/out of. She has the frogs and uses mounting bike shoes with the recessed clips which she likes because the shoes are easy to walk in.

3. fadager

fadager New Member

Thanks Mr. D,

I wasn't aware Frog offered clips that were recessed.I would prefer to go taht way if possible. I don't expect to do much walking, but you never know.

4. Insight Driver

Sorry.. I typed too fast and missed my typos

The pedals are Speedplay and the model is Frogs (they are the mountain bike pedals). They have a larger pad area than road pedals and so are more comfortable for most bike enthusiasts.

I am thinking if I treat the wife right, she'll let me get a good pair of Speedplay road pedals.
    :p :cool:

5. fadager

fadager New Member

Right. I understand the model is Frogs. Still, I thought those were non recessed. Or is there a certain shoe that goes with it?

6. Insight Driver

There are mountain bike shoes for recreational riders that have thick soles. The result is that the cleats themselves are just flush with the bottom of the shoe.

7. raiderniner

raiderniner New Member

Check out this site for more information:

http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?...tails&PN=Frog Pedals&need=frogfaq&zerofid=49

8. raiderniner

raiderniner New Member

Check out this site for more information:

http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?...tails&PN=Frog Pedals&need=frogfaq&zerofid=49