Recumbent cycling tops

Jon Senior

Guest
The mention of the arrival of Velovision (not got mine yet!) had me
browsing through the previous issue. Where I discovered something I
hadn't noticed previously.

On page 8 (News) there is a photo of a John Turvey (I now know the name
of the chap with the Titanium recumbent at York!) wearing the recumbent
jersey I had noticed at York. On it, visible in part, is a web address.

I think it might be www.ligfiets.net. Optima (www.ligfiets.nl) does list
a recumbent shirt on their shop, so it could have been them, but I'd
expect it to have the Optima branding on it.

Anyone have any idea where it came from?

Jon

lowracervk2 wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/5q3bh
>
> you mean like this jersey?

It's a little hard to see, as the photo is from the side / behind,
making it hard to see the front.

Jon

Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> writes:

>On page 8 (News) there is a photo of a John Turvey (I now know the name
>of the chap with the Titanium recumbent at York!) wearing the recumbent
>jersey I had noticed at York. On it, visible in part, is a web address.

>I think it might be www.ligfiets.net. Optima (www.ligfiets.nl) does list
>a recumbent shirt on their shop, so it could have been them, but I'd
>expect it to have the Optima branding on it.

>Anyone have any idea where it came from?

I think it is this one:
http://www.ligfiets.net/fotos/foto.php3?type=agenda&id=981&file=60vabtHP.jpg

This was made for the Easter meet of the Dutch HPV organisation (which has
the website www.ligfiets.net)

Don't think you can buy it...

Roos

Jon Senior wrote:
> lowracervk2 wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/5q3bh
>>
>> you mean like this jersey?

> It's a little hard to see, as the photo is from the side / behind,
> making it hard to see the front.

That's deffo an Optima one (got one meself)

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

Ingenious "wing mirror", too! But less useful for us upright riders,
though, I suspect.

David E. Belcher

Jon Senior wrote:
> Roos Eisma wrote:
>
>> I think it is this one:
>> http://www.ligfiets.net/fotos/foto.php3?type=agenda&id=981&file=60vabtHP.jpg
>>

> That's the one.
>
>> This was made for the Easter meet of the Dutch HPV organisation (which
>> has the website www.ligfiets.net)
>>
>> Don't think you can buy it...

> Bugger. I quite liked it. Tasteful and simple. I might have to get one
> of the HPVelotechnik "Moonbiker" tops at some point though. The logo
> makes me laugh.

On a related note, saw a T-shirt the other day that read "If you can
read this someones stolen my ******* rucksack". Might be adaptable for
recumbents..

...d

Jon Senior wrote:

> I might have to get one of the HPVelotechnik
> "Moonbiker" tops at some point though. The logo
> makes me laugh.

Got one of them too... The glow-in-the-dark effect is quite fun.

David Martin wrote:

> On a related note, saw a T-shirt the other day that read "If you can
> read this someones stolen my ******* rucksack". Might be adaptable
> for recumbents..

There's a motorbiker version of that, although it refers I think to a
female pillion passenger rather than a rucksack.

<http://www.choiceshirts.com/item/c1/biker_t-shirts/k/A6450D/>
Tut, tut! Most distasteful!

--
Dave...