Recumbent Dead Pool

Drrecumbnt

Guest
Backsafer is still around. They have a new CLWB coming soon, built in India I think. Just2Bikes is
also still around (http://www.justtwobikes.com/). JTB builds am updated version of the old Raven
delta trike.

I just heard from Cannondale, and they are hopeful that the recumbent division will survive the sale
of the company.

Also note, Maxam and Revielle are the same.

Here are some others:

Introspect Cycle "Meridian" ReBike Doppler Soho Designs "Renegade" Streetglider Eco Cycles
(US/Corvallis, OR Trice builder & rike maker) Practical Innovations "Zephyr trike" Aerobikes (UK)
Advanta Thorpe (remember the Thorpe Mako?) Wheel Recumbents "Evo Glide" (rebadged Linear) Ride Rite
Radius (original company) Personal Transportation Trikes Tricumbent (original Raven builder)

Here are some that I'm not sure if they're still around?

AS Engineering (FWD trike from Russia) Pivot Liegerader? Aeroproject Slipstream Cycles (trikes) Glas
Tec (full bodied Turners) Does Pashley still build recumbents? Special Purpose Vehicles Quadracycle
Bevo Ostrad Swing Cycle

I'm sure there's more. In the old days, we'd here from lots of garage companies looking to get
some press.

Bob Bryant

DrRecumbnt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Here are some others:
>
> Introspect Cycle "Meridian" ReBike Doppler Soho Designs "Renegade" Streetglider Eco Cycles
> (US/Corvallis, OR Trice builder & rike maker) Practical Innovations "Zephyr trike" Aerobikes (UK)
> Advanta Thorpe (remember the Thorpe Mako?) Wheel Recumbents "Evo Glide" (rebadged Linear) Ride
> Rite Radius (original company)

Also Pichler is no longer in business, they built a LWB similar to the Peer Gynt, but without
suspension

One of the first recumbents I've ever seen was the Belgian Roulandt, but I believe they stopped
building before I started to ride 15 years ago.

Website is alive: http://www.aha.ru/~ykpro/index.htm

> Pivot Liegerader?

No longer in production

> Aeroproject

No longer in production, but they are still around. I ride one too.

http://www.pashley.co.uk/pashley/products/pages/pdq_page.htm

> Bevo

I don't know if it's still in production, but it seems still available:
http://www.voss-spezialrad.de/voss-spezialrad/be_lf.htm

> Ostrad

Still in production: http://www.ostrad.de/ostrad/liegerader.html

Kurt

Pashley still build the PDQ, though the trike version has, mercifully, been buried in an unmarked
grave at midnight with a stake through its heart... Bevo appears to still be around.

The Spirit - an LWB Avatar / Ryan clone with a frame built by Chas. Roberts - seems to be no more.

Neglect not Flevobike - all their old designs are now built by Other People and the new Versatile
velomobile has not yet surfaced properly, so they are, if not dead, then certain in a life support
machine...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Also the original RoadRunner. They were built in Ventura Ca in the late 70's early 80's I think.
They look like the Easy racer with 27 inch wheels at both ends.

I have one in the garage. It is a fast cruiser.