recumbent design

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom Patton, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Tom Patton

    Tom Patton Guest

    Hi all. I ve been riding my trike for 9000 miles now. Suspension on all 3 wheels-folds into 3x3x1
    foot.Weight 37lbs-63 gears Shimano-been in at least 10 countries- 3x7x3chain ring-steel tube and
    hand laid glass fibre construction just put GNAT in your browser to see Nicks[Andrews] latest carbon
    glass masterpiece. Im quite happy to send photos to anyone of my "agricultural" construction. I want
    to build a carbon[self made] framed two wheel folder with air front fork [cut down 26 inch-with 20
    inch wheel]and Cane Creek AD5 rear shock on self made carbon swinging arm on 26 inch rear wheel. Can
    you point me in the direction of frame design parameters for a low rider compact wheel base.I am
    making it to suit my short 29 inch legs so no adjustment of the frame is needed. Many thanks Tom
    Patton[Scotland]PS If you re passing by you re welcome to test ride the GNAT

    Tags:

  2. Js

    Js Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "tom patton"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi all. I ve been riding my trike for 9000 miles now. Suspension on all 3 wheels-folds into 3x3x1
    > foot.Weight 37lbs-63 gears Shimano-been in at least 10 countries- 3x7x3chain ring-steel tube and
    > hand laid glass fibre construction just put GNAT in your browser to see Nicks[Andrews] latest
    > carbon glass masterpiece. Im quite happy to send photos to anyone of my "agricultural"
    > construction. I want to build a carbon[self made] framed two wheel folder with air front fork
    > [cut down 26 inch-with 20 inch wheel]and Cane Creek AD5 rear shock on self made carbon swinging
    > arm on 26 inch rear wheel. Can you point me in the direction of frame design parameters for a low
    > rider compact wheel base.I am making it to suit my short 29 inch legs so no adjustment of the
    > frame is needed. Many thanks Tom Patton[Scotland]PS If you re passing by you re welcome to test
    > ride the GNAT

    Hi Tom:

    I'd like to see your pix of GNAT. Thanks!

    John Seney Manchester, NH HP Velo Street Machine

    [email protected] http://www.qsl.net/wd1v